Moen Posi-Temp shower cartridge stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Loren

Reaction score
Need help for my grandfather.

He needs to replace moen shower cartridge, but the piece you pull on broke. He tried to screw in another screw and use that as leverage to pull the cartridge out, but that also didnt work. See attached picture. Any advice??

20191118_162514.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
Loren,

Just an FYI. I recently did a replacement on a PosiTemp cartridge and before attempting the replacement I searched YouTube for videos on the subject. Quite frankly they are all over and scared me into buying the removal tool but you're past that being of any help. Check out the videos, there are many dealing with your problem, most of which are some variation of what Terry posted above. The one I saw that looked the most promising involved tapping threads into the area where the original shaft would have been and screwing in a large bolt then using the bolt for leverage. That's a pretty drastic measure but better than having to replace the entire faucet or calling in help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks