Leaking Moen 7385 faucet need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinvar

Reaction score
Hello All,

In advance I would like to thank anyone who reads this post and helps me out. I am not knowledgeable in DIY plumbing work so any help would be most welcome. I had a leaking faucet. Picture attached. From videos on you tube, I understood that the cartridge needed to be changed. So I was trying to get to the cartridge but could not. Eventually what happened from the picture is that there is a gap between the handle and the middle metallic piece. The middle metallic piece can me moved clockwise and it would go right upto the handle getting rid of the gap. But then there would be gap after the metallic piece. Sorry I am not too good at all this stuff so my description might me funny to all you experts.

I see that there is a screw under the handle. but there seems to be no way that I can get to it.
Could someone help me get out of this mess.

The faucet is MOEN brand and currently in a non workable state. I need to fix the leak, i.e replace the cartridge and then get the faucet back into a working state. I.e get rid of the gap seen in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 612

jeffeg

Reaction score
I hope this helps, I had a Moen that leaked and Moen came through. You should find a model number stamped on the turret somewhere - call Moen with the model #, they'll ask some questions, send out the parts and instructions on how to fix it. I hope your fix is as easy as mine was.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks