Users who are viewing this thread

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hello! I’m trying to select a reliable, don’t-ever-have-to-think-about-it-again toilet for a small powder room.

10 inch rough in
Total depth of the room is 47 inches.

I know that all reviews are in favor of Toto, but doesn’t seem like there’s a model that’s short enough to fit this space…. (Drake has the 10” rough in but 28+ inches long from finished wall)

American Standard Cadet Pro is 26.25” deep …. is this the best option here?

Help!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm only seeing the AmStd Cadet in a 10" rough w/ Round bowl.. which is only an inch less than the Toto Drake which is an elongated.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello! I’m trying to select a reliable, don’t-ever-have-to-think-about-it-again toilet for a small powder room. 10 inch rough in Total depth of the room is 47 inches.I know that all reviews are in favor of Toto, but doesn’t seem like there’s a model that’s short enough to fit this space…. (Drake has the 10” rough in but 28+ inches long from finished wall). American Standard Cadet Pro is 26.25” deep …. is this the best option here? Help!

If you're worried more about flush performance. Most toilets today perform well. American Standard, Kohler or Toto all perform well. Toilets 10", 12" 0r 14" rough in have mostly the same bowl length for a particular model. It's the outlet and the hold down bolt locations that are molded 2" closer to the wall.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Cadet Pro 10" round front, 26.25" from the back wall on a 10" rough.
This series uses the same bowl for both 12" and for 10", the difference is the slim tank that allows for the 10" setting.

You can also use the same tank for 10" with their elongated bowl, which comes out to 28-1/4" from the wall.

10" tank for Cadet Pro, 4188B.104
Elongated bowl, 3517C.101
Round bowl, 3517D.101

The Drake 2021 in the 10" elongated, CST776CEFG.10
29-3/16" from the back wall to end of bowl, with a 16-1/8" high bowl.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Reaction score
If you're worried more about flush performance. Most toilets today perform well. American Standard, Kohler or Toto all perform well. Toilets 10", 12" 0r 14" rough in have mostly the same bowl length for a particular model. It's the outlet and the hold down bolt locations that are molded 2" closer to the wall.

Thank you - yes - really just want something reliable that will flush well and won’t clog!

Kathryn

Reaction score
The Cadet Pro 10" round front, 26.25" from the back wall on a 10" rough.
This series uses the same bowl for both 12" and for 10", the difference is the slim tank that allows for the 10" setting.

You can also use the same tank for 10" with their elongated bowl, which comes out to 28-1/4" from the wall.

10" tank for Cadet Pro, 4188B.104
Elongated bowl, 3517C.101
Round bowl, 3517D.101

The Drake 2021 in the 10" elongated, CST776CEFG.10
29-3/16" from the back wall to end of bowl, with a 16-1/8" high bowl.

Thank you so much — is the Cadet Pro a solid choice? Open to other options….
I really really wanted to go with Toto based on the glowing reviews here and elsewhere but I don’t think I can give up those extra 2-3 inches….

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Cadet Pro is a good toilet. Here is an elongated one with the 10" tank.

cadet_pro_10c.jpg

Kathryn

Reaction score
The Cadet Pro is a good toilet. Here is an elongated one with the 10" tank.

cadet_pro_10c.jpg
Thank you. Will probably just go with it then…. will have to bide my time for Toto in a different/bigger bathroom!. Many thanks!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I recently had 2 customers with existing powder rooms that had pretty close margins to the wall in front. One faced the door and luckily since when I sat on it and closed the door it touched my knees. The other was more similar to yours and the inspector tried to fail our inspection because the toilet installed in the 60s was only 19" from the wall in front of it. Close but it wasn't terrible. If the toilet gets used a lot, I would go with the one that is likely to be the most reliable and sacrifice the bit of space. Unless its just too cramped to be usable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks