Help with locating a replacement for old American Standard

Users who are viewing this thread

williamrct

Reaction score
I thought I posted this earlier but I seem to have lost that post. I have an old 18 year American Standard toilet with a 10 inch rough in. The issue is the tank has a narrow depth 6 1/2 inch. I am looking for a replacement toilet that also has narrow depth tank. I spoke with American Standard and they do not have anything comparable. Hoping someone here can help point me in the right direction.

Thank you

williamrct

Reaction score
There are things that were obstructing the space for the toilet. Since this post we decided to just renovate the space and end the search for a hard to find match of the existing toilet. Thank you for the reply.

Reach4

Reaction score
OK. There are people who extend a lavatory countertop over the toilet with what is called a banjo top/shelf.

Will that renovation include a new closet flange with a 12 inch rough-in? If not, there are 10-inch rough Toto Drakes as well as more expensive Toto toilets that use a Unifit to handle 10 inch. AS has 10 inch rough Cadets.

I recommend that you install an outlet (GFCI of course) for a powered bidet attachment while you are renovating. A non-powered unit is OK for some, but many want heated water.

An alternative is to make the shelf extension removable for service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks