Search results

1. Jazzman

Furnace Condensate Line Freezing

Hi everyone, We had a spell of unusually cold weather last week, and I noticed water puddling by our high-efficiency furnace condensate pump. I tracked the 5/16” vinyl tubing and found that it ran up into attic and exited back of house through enclosure that had copper linset for AC outdoor...
  2. Jazzman

60 Amp Subpanel

Hi there, I’m trying to upgrade the power to my small workshop behind my house. The wire distance about 90 feet. I was wondering if #6 THHN would be adequate for a 60 amp sub panel. I’ll be running a 3 hp table saw, 2HP jointer, and will probably installing a Minisplit in the future for heat...
  3. Jazzman

Bath Fan with separate switch

Hello, I’m installing a bath fan in a bathroom that previously didn’t have one. I was hoping to install with separate switch. Currently there is one wall switch that turns on ceiling light. Power source comes to light fixture first, so switch only has hot wire(with white wire now feeding...
  4. Jazzman

3 WIRE SUB PANEL UPGRADE

A couple of years ago I pulled a permit and installed a new 4 wire 60 amp sub panel to my well house for new submersible pump. My barn/shop which is located about 25’ away was wired in the 90’s and only has a 3 wire(no ground) service. Would bringing a ground wire from well house sub panel to...
  5. Jazzman

3-Wire Sub-panel

My barn/shop was wired in the 1990’s and has 3 wires coming from the main panel at the house(2 hots and 1 neutral). I know that is not up to current code but I’m wondering if it’s still safe to use for my woodworking machines. There is 1 ground rod in ground but I think they now require 2...
  6. Jazzman

Waste Line to Septic Tank Inlet

I just replaced rusted-out 300 gallon steel septic tank with a code compliant norwesco 1000 gallon tank. Because of size of tank and slope of property the inlet on tank is about 12” lower than on previous unit. Would it meet code to increase drop of inlet pipe to 45 degrees for last 3-4 feet...
  7. Jazzman

SEPTIC TANK INSTALLATION

I’m in the middle of replacing rusted out 300 gallon tank with 1000 gallon norwesco low profile tank that meets code. Because of the size of new tank and slope of property I had to set tank inlet about 12” below where it entered old tank. I know you want to have 1/4” per foot slope from house...
  8. Jazzman

SEPTIC SYSTEM DROP BOXES

I just received my permit for installing replacement septic system. Because my leach field has a slope it calls for a serial distribution system that uses drop boxes. The permit just states “two high holes and two low holes.” When I looked on the manufacturer’s website(Tuf-Tite)it’s apparent...
  9. Jazzman

Septic Tank Water Tight Test

I’m in the process of replacing septic tank and drain field. One of the requirements is a water tight test on tank. You’re required to fill tank 2” above riser and hold water for 24 hours. Then you call for inspection. I’m having trouble figuring out how you seal inlet and outlet pipes on...
  10. Jazzman

SEPTIC TANK INSTALLATION DEPTH

Hey, can anyone tell me what the code is for setting a septic tank. I’m replacing an old steel tank with a code approved 1,000 gallon norwesco tank. There’s a layer of bedrock at about 48” so I’m not sure how much I will need to jackhammer to get tank installed properly. You can buy a riser...
  11. Jazzman

SEPTIC TANK INSTALLATION DEPTH

Hi, I’m replacing old metal septic tank with new code-approved norwesco low profile 1,000 gallon tank in Oregon. I can’t seem to find info I amount of cover required. The digging is really difficult in my area so I don’t want to over dig. You can get a riser as small 6” high. Would that be...
  12. Jazzman

WIRING FLOAT SWITCH

Installation of new submersible well pump is almost complete on low-producing well. Thanks to all who have shared their expertise! Final Question: Does it matter which hot wire you utilize to install float switch on 3-wire 230v pump. As I understand it the red wire is used on start up, the...
  13. Jazzman

FLOAT SWITCH WIRING

Greetings, I am trying to complete wiring on new 3/4 hp submersible pump installed in low-producing well. Q.D. style control box accepts PumpSaver Plus Insider for pump protection so I purchased one for ease of installation. However, looking at wiring diagrams on this sight show float switch...
  14. Jazzman

OVER-SIZED PUMP/UNDER-SIZED WIRE?

I was helped on this site sizing pump for low -producing well that is 358’ deep. I ordered 3/4 hp 5 gpm Flowise submersible and #12 gauge wire. However, the supplier substituted a 1 hp 5 gpm pump without telling me. The 1 hp pump is rated maximum for 400’ for #12 wire and I’m at about 420’...
  15. Jazzman

CHECK VALVE CONFUSION

I just ordered my new submersible pump and pvc drop pipe for 358’ foot well, but I’m still uncertain about number of check valves and placement. Supplier was recommending additional check valve after pump and then one every 200’. On this forum I’ve read discussions that advocate for using only...
  16. Jazzman

Submersible Pump Selection

I’m finally ready for a new well pump after spending many months fishing out rusted drop pipe and pump that was installed in 1977! Any input on new pump choice would be very helpful. Well depth 358’. Static water level 329’. Pump setting @354’. Low producing well with .9 gallon recovery...
  17. Jazzman

Limited hot water at other fixtures in house after installing new shower valve(no cartridge yet).

Could cold water be bleeding back into other fixtures in house because cartridge is not installed yet? I called delta and they said no, but water is hot at gas water heater but doesn't get hot at guest bath.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks