Waste Line to Septic Tank Inlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jazzman

Reaction score
I just replaced rusted-out 300 gallon steel septic tank with a code compliant norwesco 1000 gallon tank. Because of size of tank and slope of property the inlet on tank is about 12” lower than on previous unit. Would it meet code to increase drop of inlet pipe to 45 degrees for last 3-4 feet of run? I could maintain 1/4” per foot for the first 20’ but would use 22-1/2 degree fittings to increase drop to get waste pipe into tank. Otherwise, I would have to excavate new trench from house to tank.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I just replaced rusted-out 300 gallon steel septic tank with a code compliant norwesco 1000 gallon tank. Because of size of tank and slope of property the inlet on tank is about 12” lower than on previous unit. Would it meet code to increase drop of inlet pipe to 45 degrees for last 3-4 feet of run? I could maintain 1/4” per foot for the first 20’ but would use 22-1/2 degree fittings to increase drop to get waste pipe into tank. Otherwise, I would have to excavate new trench from house to tank.

Thanks!
Most of the stuff I read sets a minimum slope of 1/8 inch per foot or 1/4 inch per foot. I did read one that said that if you want to go steeper, go down at 45 instead of 22.5.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks