Limited hot water at other fixtures in house after installing new shower valve(no cartridge yet).

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jazzman, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman Member

Could cold water be bleeding back into other fixtures in house because cartridge is not installed yet? I called delta and they said no, but water is hot at gas water heater but doesn't get hot at guest bath.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jazzman

Jazzman Member

5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    That subject is discussed in their installation manual...they used to include that plug, I think they no longer do, and it is an optional part. The easier thing to do is to just install the cartridge if you don't have the plug, or, if the shower valve has integral stops, shut them off.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman Member

Unfortunately, a manual didn't come with my valve body when I got it from supply house. I just got back from picking up plug. It's installed on cold water inlet and there's plenty of hot water!

Thanks for your input!