Submersible Pump Selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Jazzman

Reaction score
I’m finally ready for a new well pump after spending many months fishing out rusted drop pipe and pump that was installed in 1977!
Any input on new pump choice would be very helpful. Well depth 358’. Static water level 329’. Pump setting @354’. Low producing well with .9 gallon recovery. Pumping into 300 gallon storage tank @0 psi. I’ve priced out a few——Berkeley, Gould’s and Flowise about 1/2 the price of Grundfos SP and AY McDonald.

Thanks!

Jazzman

Reaction score
better check your curves....some 1/2 hp 5 gpm pumps wont build the head you need.....pick a brand and check

It’s interesting that you said that because I just heard from a Gould’s pump supplier that said with the amount of lift required I would need a 3/4 hp pump. The 1/2 hp was rated to 340’ and I have about 360’ by the time it goes into 300 gallon storage tank.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It was a Goulds curve I was looking at. The 5GS05 will do 3 GPM from 360', and works up to 380'. A 3/4 HP won't hurt anything except to pump the well dry quicker.

Jazzman

Reaction score
It was a Goulds curve I was looking at. The 5GS05 will do 3 GPM from 360', and works up to 380'. A 3/4 HP won't hurt anything except to pump the well dry quicker.

Spoke to a local supplier who sells Flowise pumps to DIY folks. Also priced out a Berkeley MS TrimLine series online that was $100 more. Anyone have any thoughts on these two? Gould’s and Grundfos were $$$.

Thanks to all!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks