SEPTIC SYSTEM DROP BOXES

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jazzman, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman Member

I just received my permit for installing replacement septic system. Because my leach field has a slope it calls for a serial distribution system that uses drop boxes.
    The permit just states “two high holes and two low holes.” When I looked on the manufacturer’s website(Tuf-Tite)it’s apparent that that there’s many different configurations with drops of 2”-6” between the inlet and drainage holes, and some with the inlet out outlet are on the same plane, then some where the outlet looks to be 1” lower. So many choices! But which one to choose!

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jazzman

Jazzman Member

Hey, thanks for your response and the helpful diagrams. I contacted the regulating agency in the state(Oregon DEQ), and he sent me the drop box requirements: inlet and outlet ports at same elevation, and 6” of drop to drain ports. Tuf-tite DB6