Search results

1. FatDaddy

JADO Kitchen faucet question.

I have a JADO NEW HAVEN SINGLE LEVER KITCHEN FAUCET I am on a well. All seems good throughout the house at all faucets and the other kitchen sink (Kohler faucet is working normally) Some time ago I noticed a slight surge when I was using the hot water. Now it is quite noticeable and might even...
  2. FatDaddy

Piping question

This mess all drains to a drywell. The pipe to the left, that connects to the Y (that is backwards) is from the slop sink about seven feet away. The flexible drain from the washer is in riser, with a p-trap. The vertical PVC with the clean-out is from the kitchen and drains two sinks up there...
  3. FatDaddy

Kohler faceplate question

I have the Purist K-T14421-3 and my diverter button set screw is loose. In order to tighten the screw I have to take the faceplate off and it seems to be held up by something. I can put a putty knife behind it but it is just not coming off and I do not want to damage anything. Kohler support is...
  4. FatDaddy

How to fix leaky lead joint...simply

While removing the brass cap that was absolutely frozen in place on a four inch waste cast iron waste line,the joints were disturbed and now leak a bit. What is the best method, short of digging out the lead (and possibly oakum?) to seal the leaks? Epoxy putty? Heavy duty caulk? (If so, brands?)...
  5. FatDaddy

Odd question...as usual!

My kitchen sinks and dishwasher and the slop sink in my laundry room drain into a drywell. The pipe is 2" pvc and the run is fifty feet or more to the exterior where it leads to 4" (or more?) cast iron pipe going out to the dry well. The dry well is no longer accessible. My issue is that even...
  6. FatDaddy

Hot water heater questions.

I have a John Woods oil fired hot water heater with Beckett/Carlin burner. JWF657 Installed 8/11/05 63 Gallon capacity. I have been getting sediment and rust, periodically. Draining and flushing is not an option right now, but when it warms up I can try. What might be going on? I am almost...
  7. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

I have an odd situation and will do my best to explain with thanks in advance for any advice given. A brief explanation to the photo: The riser has a clothes washer discharge in it and is 18" above the assembly leading to the 4" cast iron line that leads to a drywell outside. The line leading to...
  8. FatDaddy

KOHLER Double Handle Lav. set QUESTION

I have a K-14406-3 http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/1106616_5.pdf Situation: The plumber who installed did it backwards so that the cold (on the right) opens clockwise and shuts counterclockwise. The hot on the left opens counter clockwise and closes clockwise. It was...
  9. FatDaddy

Several questions about water heaters. Oil or heatpump?

The MarathonMotor on my hot water heater burner is on its last legs. It is an obsolete motor and a quick look, wthout knowing exactly what model I need, shows me new motorsfor burners are in the hundreds of dollars. My hot water heater is oil fired and separate from my oil fired furnace. I have...
  10. FatDaddy

A couple of questions-- Fleck 7000

I posted over in the wrong forum and have a couple of questions for you. A brief background: This past week I had a two-tank carbon filter put in because my well tested positive for pesticides. Two GAC tanks and a pre/post filter. The pre-filter clogged up quickly (three days) and the house...
  11. FatDaddy

Several questions Re: new filtration system

I had traces of pesticides in my well and replaced an old one tank GAC filter, that backwashed, with a new two tank GAC system that has both a pre/post sediment filter as well. I was talked into it and it seemd like a good idea at the time. My problem is that now I have half the water...
  12. FatDaddy

Exterior Hose Bib question

I would like to replace an exterior hose bib with a ball valve,quarter turn replacement. The replacement has male threads that would be attached to my 1/2" copper line. A couple of questions: How do I sweat the male threaded bib to the copper? Should I attach a female threaded cooper adapter...
  13. FatDaddy

Question about an odd flush on occasions

I installed a Toto toilet in my half-bath. Prior to that I had an ancient American Standard and I could not be happier with the upgrade. The bathroom is not used often but I find that sometimes I do not get a full flush. It is as though there is not enough water and I have to wait for a refill...
  14. FatDaddy

Weil McLain Combustion Chamber Replacement Assembly

Part #386-500-085 for a 68 Boiler. Would this kit be pretty straight-forward to install for a homeowner with some basic skills? I can get an aftermarket kit for $70 and the oil company wants $400 to do it. Right now,money is more scarce than ever so I am inclined to try it. Any...
  15. FatDaddy

Toilet for 10" rough-in but with requirements!

I am tiling a friends bathroom and I think she has a 10" rough-in. I have not measured it exactly yet,but I think that is what she has. She wants: round bowl ADA compliant normal install (no skirt) Toto if she can. I have never installed the Uni-fit feature so advice is welcome...
  16. FatDaddy

PEX questions

Can I use SHARKBITE fittings instead of solder on copper-to-copper? Can I use them for galvanized to PEX? In general,do they meet most local codes and can anyone offer their opinions of them and PEX in general. I have been watching videos on You-Tube and it is very interesting stuff. Thanks...
  17. FatDaddy

Galvanized pipe question...

I have an old cabin.Fifties. Some of the plumbing has been replaced and I have some pvc and copper but most is galvanized threaded pipe,I think. When I last visited the place,the cold water in the bathroom and the supply to the toilet ran VERY slowly.The hot was OK and the hot and cold in the...
  18. FatDaddy

1/4 turn supply stops--question

Is sweating preferred to compression? They are under a kitchen sink and while the counter is being replaced I thought I would replace the stops as well.They work,but are sort of old and crusty. If both methods are the same,perhap I should go with no-sweat since my soldering is not perfect...
  19. FatDaddy

Heavy pvc vs packaged stuff

I am putting in traps for kitchen sinks and note that the stuff in packages at,say ACE,HD,TrueValue,seems thinner and sort of "cheap" compared to the heavier (Schedule 40-type connections) that is sold separately. I do not feel comfortable using brass and plated metals.Plastic seems easier to...
  20. FatDaddy

Any thoughts about CORIAN sinks?

I may get new kitchen counters and the fabricator charges,for Corian, about what a basic stainless steel sink costs. Is it easier just to have them do it all in Corian? Any strong feelings about the stuff for counters/sinks? Thanks in advance. Alan
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks