Any thoughts about CORIAN sinks?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by fatdaddy, Nov 23, 2008.

1. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

I may get new kitchen counters and the fabricator charges,for Corian, about what a basic stainless steel sink costs. Is it easier just to have them do it all in Corian? Any strong feelings about the stuff for counters/sinks?
    Thanks in advance.
    Alan
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I have never been a fan of corian. #1, it is a low to satin gloss, and I don't care for that on sink or countertop. I have found that white corian sinks especially always looked grungy. Of course, you can clean and buff it up with a greenie, but I just didn't like it. Some folks love it.

Cast iron and very good quality SS are my choices.
  3. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

Thanks for the input.

Still mulling it over.
  4. 99k

99k Radon Contractor and Water Treatment

My experience has been that granite and corian are priced about the same ... the perceived value and aesthetics is much greater for the granite IMO.
  5. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

I went with granite and actually paid a tad more

than the Corian.Hard to tell with all the changes and stuff but the Boss is pleased and that is all that matters.I will start a new thread with a new question shortly.Thanks for your feedback.

PS-- I leaned towards granite when a realtor,with absolutely no ax to grind in the matter,told me that it always gets more in terms of resale.