Heavy pvc vs packaged stuff

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by fatdaddy, Dec 8, 2008.

1. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

I am putting in traps for kitchen sinks and note that the stuff in packages at,say ACE,HD,TrueValue,seems thinner and sort of "cheap" compared to the heavier (Schedule 40-type connections) that is sold separately.
    I do not feel comfortable using brass and plated metals.Plastic seems easier to work with.What should I be asking/looking for? Do you suggest that I go to a plumbing supply house or will they give me the same thin stuff?
    Thanks.
    Alan
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

You are talking "Tubular" vs. "Schedule 40" 2 different things.

Tubular should be fine for a kitchen sink as long as you install it properly.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

I actually prefer plastic tubular traps and waste arms. I have fewer leaks and thye should last a lifetime.