PEX questions

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by fatdaddy, Aug 28, 2009.

1. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

Can I use SHARKBITE fittings instead of solder on copper-to-copper?
    Can I use them for galvanized to PEX?
    In general,do they meet most local codes and can anyone offer their opinions of them and PEX in general.
    I have been watching videos on You-Tube and it is very interesting stuff.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. shark bite

they will work on about anything except to galvanized..

to pex their should be in insert in the sharkbite fitting to keep the pex from caveing in over time..

anything goes fella....

slop it in.....
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I just had my first experience with a Sharkbite when I had to replace a cut off valve in poly pipe. They are flat awesome! No good for galvanized though.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Like any other connection to a galvanized pipe, you would have to use a threaded sharkbite
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Sb

At this time "Sharkbite" fittings are only for CTS materials which excludes galvanized and PVC.