Wanting to replace Moen Shower Trim Kit. No clue what I'm really doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Camarsh

Reaction score
I'm trying to do something nice for my dad and update his shower fixtures. I know it's a Moen kit that is currently on it and I know I have to stick with Moen. But I've never really messed with anything like this before. My question is, how do I determine which model I need to get?

I have pictures attached of the current set up but beware, everything is older and dirty. I'm looking at something like MOEN Banbury Single-Handle 1-Spray Tub & Shower Faucet in Mediterranean Bronze 82910BRB
But I don't think he'd like the shower head very much but who knows.

Looking for something like an oil rubbed bronze because all of the other fixtures like shower bar, and sink faucet and drain are all oil rubbed bronze.

Can someone help point me into the right direction so I can make sure I can get the right fit?

20210107_110949.jpg 20210107_110802_capture.jpg 20210107_110802_capture(0).jpg 20210107_111003_capture(0).jpg 20210107_111003_capture.jpg Screenshot_20210107-145331_eBay.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have a Posi-Temp valve in the wall and 1/2" copper for the tub spout.
The 822910BRB comes with an IP tub spout and the rough-in valve which you already have.
You need the trim only and for a slip spout, not IP.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks