Help me, I'm dumb (Delta shower cartridge issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

justintime28

Reaction score
I need some help, I’ve exhausted everything I know and can’t figure this out.
I’m trying to install a delta shower cartridge (MODEL#: RP46463) into r22000 valve body and no matter what I do the water just comes out full force from the shower head like the cartridge is turned fully on.

I’ve installed delta cartridges before and never had this issue. Online I can’t find anything that helps either.

Things I have checked/tried:
Turned the part the handle attaches to on and off (it seems like the flow changes slightly around the middle of the range but is basically full force no matter how it’s turned.) I haven’t fully put the handle on yet, but I don’t see how that would make a difference.

Tried two different cartridges multiple times with and without plumbers grease on the o rings. Same result no matter what. I am able to get it seated properly as far as I can tell based on past experience and videos I’ve seen.

Flushed the valve out with no cartridge in it.

Checked to make sure cartridge is compatible with valve. As far as I can tell they are. Trim kit is T27867 and valve is r22000. I have a picture showing they are compatible.

I’m sure it’s gotta be something stupid I’m doing but I have no clue. Could water be getting past the cartridge in the valve that I’ve circled in the picture? It doesn’t seem like my cartridge is covering that opening going up to the diverter.

tempImage1jEicy.jpg
IMG_5914 2.PNG
IMG_5912 2.jpg
IMG_5906.PNG

Attachments

• tempImagePvEWQ5.jpg
    tempImagePvEWQ5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 32

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Assuming its genuine Delta parts not chinese junk . it can only be installer error or defective , wrong valve or cartridge. the look inside of yours with the seats and plastic covering the port looks odd but I dont think its suggests a wrong cart. or installation. Sorry no help . get on the horn with Delta they will set you straight

Anthony M

Reaction score
Is it possible you have the wrong replacement cartridge? Closely compare the old with the new. It may be that the cartridge you are using is a little shorter than the original (therefore the cold and hot water cartridge taps are not reaching the ports in the valve body and water is completely bypassing the cartridge).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks