Trouble Finding a 10", ADA, Elongated Bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

flynbw01

Reaction score
1st try was from Lowes. Special ordered the only model they sell to meet my three requirements, the AS Cadet 3. First one had a big air bubble in the glaze finish of the bowl. I'm not a perfectionist, but if I'm paying $288 for a toilet I don't want one with a defect. Returned and ordered again, second AS Cadet 3 has a defect in a similar spot on the bowl, not an air bubble, but looks like there is no glaze on it. (rough feel, not glossy) I'm worried that this is just going to be an annoying spot that always is the first to show bacteria/dirt growth. (Besides the fact that both toilets seem to have splatters of glaze and porcelin in the waste tube where it connects to the closet flange)

So, after reading this forum it seems the Toto Drake is highly recommended. Called the Toto dealer in my area, and apparently the 10" Toto is very hard to come by and they haven't gotten one in months. Say there is no estimate on when they would even get one if ordered. They recommended the Vespin II, but I'm not thrilled about the big skirt on the bottom.

Any other recommendations that would meet my criteria? I'd like to keep it under $500.

Thanks

cst474_angle.jpg

TOTO Vespin II, CST474CEFG

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
10" Rough with tall bowl?

Gerber Ultraflush 21-317
TOTO Drake CST744EF.10
TOTO Aquia CST412MF.10
Caroma with the 270 bowl
TOTO Vespin CST474CEFG with 10" Unifit

Cadet 3 with 10" tank, though you have noticed what others have on the quality.
It may just be a matter of opening up more boxes.

cst744ef-10.jpg

CST744EF.10

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks