Toto Unifit on Post Tension Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We have a client that wants to install a Toto Aquia on a post tension slab. The Unifit requires drilling 4 holes into the slab about 1.5" deep. Not wanting to get someone out to radar the slab for cables which I'm not even certain he would be able to do a good job of locating inside of a toilet room. I'm considering setting the Unifit in epoxy. Would there be enough surface area to hold the toilet?

Or am I being too paranoid about the cables?

Bit of useless information.. A tower in seattle less than 15 yrs old was torn down due to defective PT cable installation.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're right Terry.. They measure exactly 1-1/8"... I think I should be safe.. We drill hangers in PT slabs to 3/4 all day without thinking about it and the cables are generally at the bottom of the slabs sitting on a mesh of rebar.. And likely we'll be drilling thru tile so we may hardly scratch the concrete..

I think I was thinking too much..

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hmm... I'll have to look at the walbot again. What I gathered from their site was that its just a fancy stud finder with an optical translation of what its sensing. I do have a rebar finder for that exact purpose too (just not the fancy screen) which I've successfully used in the past. Definitely worth looking at considering having radar done adds just under 2k in cost.

OH yeah.. just looking at the Walbot again.. they have different modes. One is Advanced mode which is basically the unedited data that the sensors are picking up.. ie a big blob on the screen. Once I saw that in the demonstration video, I knew that the unit was just a stud finder with a screen. Tho they now claim that the unit is good to see through wood/lathe and plaster which it couldn't do previously.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks