Toto Aquia IV installation with 10" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

Margaret Martine

Reaction score
Hello Terry,
I think you are the only resource online that offers such comprehensive advice and real knowledge on Toto toilets installation. We just moved from Sammamish to Santa Fe, NM., and have a funky situation on our hands with the guest bathroom remodel. Our contractor had his men relocate the toilet rough-in 12" from the wall. They did so however before the tile was installed, and we ended up with 10". This is not the only problem though. The rough-in was not moved close enough to the tub on it's righ hand side (when facing it, and is now 24" away from it), and there's not enough space to walk by the vanity on the opposite wall. We now have to somehow not only accomodate 10" rough-in but also need to shift the toilet 2-3" to the right. I was wondering if Toto Unifit adapter could somehow help with this situation. Can it be installed slightly digonally to the back wall, to help shift the toilet to the right. i know we need a skirted toilet that would allow for that. if this is possible, what toilet would help us accomplish it, I'm looking at Toto Aquia IV.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't think that there's enough space underneath the toilet to cock it far enough to move 2". Also, don't think that there's enough slop to attach the toilet to the adapter at that required angle to gain enough room. The opening underneath the toilet that must sit over the adapter just isn't all that big. Now, I"ve not tried it, but from picturing those I've installed, my guess is, no, won't work.

Note, code requires 15" either side of center on the toilet to obstructions. If you have less than that, you could have big problems with the inspector.

Margaret Martine

Reaction score
I don't think that there's enough space underneath the toilet to cock it far enough to move 2". Also, don't think that there's enough slop to attach the toilet to the adapter at that required angle to gain enough room. The opening underneath the toilet that must sit over the adapter just isn't all that big. Now, I"ve not tried it, but from picturing those I've installed, my guess is, no, won't work.

Note, code requires 15" either side of center on the toilet to obstructions. If you have less than that, you could have big problems with the inspector.

Yes, we have plenty of space, the rough in is 24" from the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks