Toilet Supply Line Length Help

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Steveo, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Steveo

Steveo New Member

F4DE4A24-5C18-45A2-BD85-593014483810.jpeg 6EC6AFBF-A996-416B-82B1-0A9A2537D556.jpeg Old angle valve failed so I had to replace it and needed to replace the supply line as well - the old supply line was part of the valve.

First time doing any of this kind of work and wondering if the supply line I installed is the wrong length. I had to put a lot of pressure on the line to make it bend to line up with the openings. Probably should have angled the valve toward the toilet but again this is my first time trying.

Would a longer supply line be better and take some of the stress off the connections - or since it isn’t leaking don’t mess with it?

Before (White line) and after (ss braided line) pictures attached.

2. Helper Dave

Helper Dave Member

It's likely fine. You could angle the stop towards the toilet to have the supply bend a little less aggressively if you really feel the need to change it, though.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Steveo

Steveo New Member

Thanks! I had thought about that but I had a hell of a time getting the compression fitting to sit and not leak so I’m more than a little hesitant to try and move it. Unless it’s necessary to prevent a catastrophic failure in the future I probably shouldn’t test my luck!

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I think you're fine. Good job replacing the stop. :)

6. Steveo

Steveo New Member

Thank you sir!

7. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

Looks good! I sometimes turn angle stop at a position that alows a better bend like closer to 3 oclock . but I think its fine!

8. Steveo

Steveo New Member

Appreciate you taking a look! After I tightened up the compression nut I wondered if that would have been a bit better. But it isn't leaking and so far so good - so not gonna fix what isn't broken. Sometimes my "fixes" are worse than just leaving it alone ... learning to just leave it alone :) Thanks again!

Jeff H Young likes this.