Terry Love- cancer update

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
WOW! This hit me hard. I came to this site 15+ years ago seeking answers to questions about finishing my basement. I came back 6 months ago asking more about my new home. I came back today to ask another question and saw this. I'm 59 and this hit me hard. Thank you Terry for being here to help a DIYer like me. My sincere condolences to the Love family and friends.

Ibrahim khan

Reaction score
Website
www.faridcorporation.com
I'm deeply saddened to hear about Terry's health issue. I send my love, prayers, and well wishes to Terry, hoping for a swift recovery and the strength to overcome this challenging time.

Elton Noway

Reaction score
I'm dumbstruck. I've been seeking Terrys advice for just about 15 years now and can hardly process this sad news. His wisdom and advice have got me through many confusing and complicated issues. Thanks to this forum his legacy and the folks he's touched will live on forever.

rebarman

Reaction score
I always think of the Terry Love forum when I'm looking for plumbing help. It's quite a nice forum that Terry has.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad the forum will live on as a testament to Terry!

Medusa569

DIYer
Reaction score
An update on our dear friend, father, Plumbing Extraordinaire, forum guru, and so much more.

Terry in late spring unfortunately was told his colon cancer had returned. After many months of being in and out of the hospital, Terry is at a point where he will close this chapter on life earth side. He is currently getting all the comfort care and love from his family!

This forum is one of Terrys many great loves and passions, and will continue on to be his legacy!

Terry’s wish is for this forum continue On. His son, Jamie Love who spent many years plumbing with Terry and his siblings, will be keeping the forum thriving! We look forward to building incredible lasting relationships with many of you, as Terry did!

Terry thinks of you all as family!

Thank you memebers for your support ❤️

We will keep all posted ❤️

Please keep the love family in your thoughts and prayers! More information at,

Oh....I am so sorry to hear of Terry's illness! I've been gone from the forum for some time and it's such a shack to see a lively man stircken in this manner. Tell Terry is is loved and remembered by so many. His existance on this plane impacted so many and wishes for a painless transtion is hoped for him. I am sorry for his family for his departure.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
So.rry to learn this. I am in EMS. This happens to so many of us.
What a wonderful legacy to have this forum. (Mine wilbe a toilet seat bidet I.nstalled.)
Thank you, Terry.
Robert

Pseudonym

Reaction score
I've only been a member since 2015 but have been a lurker for many years prior. I am not a plumber and don't do any DIY except minor things like a new faucet. I've had everything from fantastic to mediocre to downright wrong plumbing work done, and I learned so very long ago that THIS is the place to come find out what the job is supposed to be, so I can ask the right questions when I hire.

I came in today to research a job coming up and immediately the pinned topics for Terry's cancer and passing jumped up and hit me like a ton of bricks. And tears are still falling as I write. I am so grateful not only for what he built for us here but also for the beautiful family he left behind that continues to honor Terry by keeping this forum alive with integrity. I am so very very sorry for your loss.

RonnyK

Reaction score
It is has been a long while since I have been on last-- reflective of my current station in life with not a ton of time for house projects-- and I was saddened to read of Terry's passing. This site has been such a great resource for so many people, and I am heartened by the community Terry built, the joy and satisfaction it gave him, and the fact that it continues on. Very sorry for his family's loss.

cavalierchamp

Reaction score
Very sad to come across this post and hear of Terry's passing. One only needs to browse through a few threads on this message board to see what a kind, wonderful human being Terry was. I'm going to poke around and look for a donation link to help fund continued hosting of this board. May God bless Terry's spirit and give his family comfort.

RedSpark

Reaction score
I was just referred to this site by the YouTuber Silver Cymbal. So sorry to hear about the loss of Terry. It sounds like he is an amazing man.

Dolphin

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this... Terry is such a knowledgeable and helpful guy, its impressive he built this forum to this size and has attracted so many great contributors through the years... My prayers are with Terry and his family

Lightningwill

Reaction score
I'm a DIYer first and foremost, so I come here on and off. Honestly was just shocked to read this thread 9 months late. Nonetheless, condolences to all those close to Terry as he obviously created a special place here.

I'll share a brief anecdote that might provide a smile and a chuckle. I was replying to a plumbing post on Reddit just the other day and tried to link to a post here for further explanation. Because of my link, Reddit automatically removed my post with the message "We do not allow links from this site as it contains a lot of misinformation".

Given how Reddit might be the pinnacle of misinformation, I couldn't believe the irony!

I then thought about how this forum is probably one of the most consistently best sources of trade-specific information on the Internet and no doubt that's because of the man who created it and the people whom he attracted to post regularly as well.

J.Btfsplk

Reaction score
Lots of folks above have put it better than I ever could. I am saddened to learn of Terry's passing. We got a glimpse of a great person, professionally and personally, through this forum. The forum he built here is the best source of high quality info on plumbing on the web. I am so grateful to his family for carrying it into the future in his honor. Hope all the love and memories will provide some comfort to his family.

Gdog

write diagnostic firmware for embedded industrial
Reaction score
Terribly shocked and saddened when I saw this thread. I only knew Terry via this forum but felt like we might have been kindred spirits; always striving to educate and help others, learning through DIYing. Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

I am so grateful for this forum; I recommend it to anyone who will listen. Others have said it, but I'll say it again; best DIY forum on the internet! Thanks so much!!

TomSt

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about Terry's passing. Praying for the Love family; my condolences to you all. Terry was a great man - extremely helpful to many and will be missed.

Kevin5656

Reaction score
New DIyer and just stumbled across this site a few weeks ago. Terry built an incredible platform. Deepest condolences to the family on the loss. Hope that Terry Love will continue his teachings on the other side!

23learnasigo

Reaction score
An update on our dear friend, father, Plumbing Extraordinaire, forum guru, and so much more.

Terry in late spring unfortunately was told his colon cancer had returned. After many months of being in and out of the hospital, Terry is at a point where he will close this chapter on life earth side. He is currently getting all the comfort care and love from his family!

This forum is one of Terrys many great loves and passions, and will continue on to be his legacy!

Terry’s wish is for this forum continue On. His son, Jamie Love who spent many years plumbing with Terry and his siblings, will be keeping the forum thriving! We look forward to building incredible lasting relationships with many of you, as Terry did!

Terry thinks of you all as family!

Thank you memebers for your support ❤️

We will keep all posted ❤️

Please keep the love family in your thoughts and prayers! More information at,

Just found & joined this forum today. But sense Terry helped so many ppl, connecting ppl with much needed info and guidance to those trying to save $, those gungho or to those that can't find anyone to do the work leaving it in the hands of the homeowner. May peace and comfort come on angels wings

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks