Terry Love- cancer update

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve20A

Reaction score
Well, that is very sad news. I am so sorry for Terry and for all of his family. I joined this forum many years ago, mostly a lurker, occasionally an asker of questions, and once, a poster of the trials and tribulations of toilet installation. Terry’s comments helped me through several projects and many choices. This forum is an expression of his unique approach to sharing information. He was generous with his time and we all learned from his efforts. Thank you, Terry.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Never heard of a blog. Didn’t know what a forum was. Then in 2006 a customer told me they were saying bad things about my product, and I should go to Terrylove.com and check out the forum. Needless to say, I was amazed at the misinformation that was being posted.

Although I never met Terry personally, and only talked to him on the phone a couple of times, we had an Internet or online friendship since way back then. Terry was wonderful. He even allowed me to be a moderator, to help correct the misinformation. Over the years Terry gave me advice, pointers, and encouragement for helping on the forum. I have tried to keep the information on the pumps and wells forum accurate as best as I can.

Terry Love was a force to be reckoned with. From his first post in 2004 to the day he fell silent in the beginning of 2023, he answered nearly 30,000 questions on the forum. All though we won’t be hearing from him every day like in the past, he is still with us all. With a simple search of the forum, we can still hear what Terry would say on the subject. His advice and pointers have made the world a better place and will continue to do so for as long as his forum stays on the Internet and then some.

We should all be so lucky as to leave a legacy like Terry. Not only will his forum help with plumbing problems for all mankind in the future, but it is a place where we can see pictures and hear stories from the past. Terry’s Corner is a virtual history of his life. It shows how much he liked the outdoors, enjoyed his childhood, and admired his family and friends. You can see how much he adored his kids and family.

The forum also shows his commitment to his profession. IMO, there are few professions as admirable as being a plumber. Plumbers do not get the recognition they need. The world would be very messy without the diligence and hard work of plumbers like Terry.

I know he probably felt like he left a lot of things unfinished. But I hope he got some solace from knowing his helpful forum will live on in the eternity of the Internet. Terry Love Forum makes the world a better place. I am just lucky Terry allowed me to be part of it.

Someday we will all fall silent as well. We can only hope to be remembered as fondly and admired as much as Terry Love. We are all better off because of him. I looked forward to reading what he posted every morning. I will miss him greatly. I already do.

Thanks for the great forum and all the memories. Rest In Peace my friend!

Cary Austin (Valveman)

DesertEaglePt50

Reaction score
I came upon this site in 2016 when I had a well leak. I couldn't get anyone to come and just replace the plumbing inside the well without installing a submersible pump, which I didn't want. I re-plumbed the well myself, solely because of this site. I was so nervous about dropping something inside the well or contaminating the water supply or not having water for an extended period of time, and this site gave my the confidence to do it myself. Seven years later, the well keeps humming along, and I still can't believe I did it myself. I have always felt a debt of gratitude to Terry and the members of this site for their irreplaceable contributions toward the task. I kept the old jet and foot valve assembly as a trophy of my accomplishment, and I will always remember Terry when I look at it. Thank you, Terry, for the legacy you left behind. Rest in peace.

AverageIdiot

Reaction score
Terry and family,
I haven't spent as long on this forum as many others, but I must share my gratitude for all Terry has done. For any of my plumbing related questions, my first search is always here. As a DIY homeowner doing renovations, this forum has been invaluable and would be my first recommendation to anyone with plumbing questions. Terry has built an amazing resource and community of genuinely great people. Even when I am not actively working on a project, I still find myself here browsing. Terry and his family should be proud of what he has done here. It really does better the world by bringing everyone together to share knowledge of the subject.
Terry, I wish you and your family happiness and peace. Thank you.

Webdood90

Reaction score
this is such terrible news. this forum and the generosity of its members left such an impression on me. terry himself even helped me realize a mistake on my recent bathroom remodel.

I'm so, so sorry. I wish there was something we could do.

Delta5

Reaction score
My condolences to all of Terry's friends and family. Thank you so much for establishing this forum. I'm just a lurker since I only come here to learn but it is without doubt the best and finest forum of its type I've ever found on the web. It is a great resource for a lot of people and I'm sure it will continue to be so for quite some time.

Best wishes for a peaceful journey.

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
Wow, did not expect to see this while searching for knowledge. Apparently I have been a member for 14 years. This site is simply amazing. Well done Terry. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Cancer does suck.

Mike

Paul E.

Reaction score
I am a new member, and in my short time here, Terry has left a huge impression on my experience here. It is rare to find someone who so generously shares their knowledge, as freely as Terry did. I’ve read through hundreds of posts on this site, and he was always right there, willing to offer helpful advice and patient instruction. Terry unlocked potential in people to do things they did not know they were capable of doing. The world will be less wise without Terry in it.

Terry, you will be missed!

Pss3757

Reaction score
I’m another newer person to the forum, but have gained knowledge from this site and what he has created. Leaving this world a better place and contributing to your fellow man is all that u can ask for. Well done, thank you and god bless !

merlcat

Reaction score
I've found myself on these forums quite a few times over the years, and randomly found myself here today only to read the news about Terry. I am so sorry to hear. I know he has helped many including myself by way of this excellent storehouse of info. And for that I am truly grateful.
My best to him and his family. <3

Andrew21

Reaction score
I'm sadden to hear this as Terry and everyone else from this forum helped me through my renovations as a novice. I still come here and I vaguely remember he was fighting this before. I had 2 kids in the past several years and needed to keep my mind busy when home so I came back here to read up on issues people were having and to lend a hand wherever I could.

I wish I could have met up with him in person to shake his hand. Seemed like a good guy

Prayers for Terry and his family. Big hugs

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I came about this forum but I'm pretty sure someone from the John Bridge Tile forum directed me here. That is how I learned Terry was sick. I got the advice I need and everyone was always nice.
Sorry to hear of the return of his cancer and his failing health. I'm sure his kids will keep this forum going strong. Terry has been a great source of plumbing information.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Never give up hope

My son had cancer when he was 6 years old he passed when he was 28 (Host Vs graft disease)

PGB1

Reaction score
Our prayers and thoughts are with Terry, his family and friends.

From seeing all of the work that is put in to these web pages, Terry has a strong dedication & a passion to help others- plus a great inner strength. We hope this inner strength can provide comfort, as well as healing, to Terry in these tough times. Over the years, I've learned an unbelievable amount because of his work here and his willingness to provide these pages so others can help others.

My God provide healing & peace to you all while Terry fights this battle.

Paul

Swax

Reaction score
An update on our dear friend, father, Plumbing Extraordinaire, forum guru, and so much more.

Terry in late spring unfortunately was told his colon cancer had returned. After many months of being in and out of the hospital, Terry is at a point where he will close this chapter on life earth side. He is currently getting all the comfort care and love from his family!

This forum is one of Terrys many great loves and passions, and will continue on to be his legacy!

Terry’s wish is for this forum continue On. His son, Jamie Love who spent many years plumbing with Terry and his siblings, will be keeping the forum thriving! We look forward to building incredible lasting relationships with many of you, as Terry did!

Terry thinks of you all as family!

Thank you memebers for your support ❤️

We will keep all posted ❤️

Please keep the love family in your thoughts and prayers! More information at,

I am so sorry to here such bad news. I could relate what your going thru, and the pain you all feel. Cancer not only is cruel to the individual but the entire family. I lost my 43 year old daughter (Carol) to breast cancer three years ago. We took her all over the country, only to find out the "standard of care is controlled by the FDA " It does not matter where you go, only certain treatment can be used for certain cancers. Than they try and enroll you in a new-drug study, but will not tell you if your getting the drug. So many people including myself thought (advertisements) she will take a new wonder drug and be fine. She went to Memorial Sloan Kettering to start. We are still in the fifties, with cancer treatment, and don't wish it on anyone. Biden said he would end cancer ? Cancer, is not political and could effects us all. God Bless you & yours Terry. Stanley

Suceress

Reaction score
There is actually a business in my state in a town called Mamou. The business is Cancer Is A Bitch Car Crushing LLC. I think I agree with that sentiment.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks