Rest in Piece Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Never heard of a blog. Didn’t know what a forum was. Then in 2006 a customer told me they were saying bad things about my product, and I should go to Terrylove.com and check out the forum. Needless to say, I was amazed at the misinformation that was being posted.

Although I never met Terry personally, and only talked to him on the phone a couple of times, we had an Internet or online friendship since way back then. Terry was wonderful. He even allowed me to be a moderator, to help correct the misinformation. Over the years Terry gave me advice, pointers, and encouragement for helping on the forum. I have tried to keep the information on the pumps and wells forum accurate as best as I can.

Terry Love was a force to be reckoned with. From his first post in 2004 to the day he fell silent in the beginning of 2023, he answered nearly 30,000 questions on the forum. All though we won’t be hearing from him every day like in the past, he is still with us all. With a simple search of the forum, we can still hear what Terry would say on the subject. His advice and pointers have made the world a better place and will continue to do so for as long as his forum stays on the Internet and then some.

We should all be so lucky as to leave a legacy like Terry. Not only will his forum help with plumbing problems for all mankind in the future, but it is a place where we can see pictures and hear stories from the past. Terry’s Corner is a virtual history of his life. It shows how much he liked the outdoors, enjoyed his childhood, and admired his family and friends. You can see how much he adored his kids and family.

The forum also shows his commitment to his profession. IMO, there are few professions as admirable as being a plumber. Plumbers do not get the recognition they need. The world would be very messy without the diligence and hard work of plumbers like Terry.

I know he probably felt like he left a lot of things unfinished. But I hope he got some solace from knowing his helpful forum will live on in the eternity of the Internet. Terry Love Forum makes the world a better place. I am just lucky Terry allowed me to be part of it.

Someday we will all fall silent as well. We can only hope to be remembered as fondly and admired as much as Terry Love. We are all better off because of him. I looked forward to reading what he posted every morning. I will miss him greatly. I already do.

Thanks for the great forum and all the memories. Rest In Peace my friend!

Cary Austin (Valveman)

Andrea Love Forum MGR

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. His family really does love to hear all of these amazing stories and relationships built ❤️
- Andrea ( Terrys daughter in law) aka forum secretary:)

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
Well, this is very difficult news to absorb.

I did not know Terry personally, but I have great a great deal of respect for him. I really liked the way he had these forums set up and that he gave out free GOOD ADVICE to anyone willing to read it. That's not the norm these days. The well and pump forum gave me educational experience that classrooms and courses just don't have. It would have taken years to learn in the field what I learned just from this site.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Love family. Your loss is our loss too. I am sure I speak for most when I say that Terry will always be missed but never forgotten.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks