See you later, not goodbye

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It is with great sadness we update all that on Friday 1/20/2023 Terry Love passed away peacefully with his family by his side. Cancer no longer controls his body and he is free of sickness and pain. We imagine him hitting the ski slopes mountain high and of course looking over this forum as it was his legacy. We know we will see his bright smile again one day.

His Forum will continue to thrive and be supported. Terry was a passionate man and shared his plumbing passion with his son Jamie. These two plumbed for decades together and Jamie has often been in the background on the forum answering questions and helping his Pop. Over the past several months a crash course was given to Andrea Love, Terrys daughter in law and she will play office manager of sorts here.
We definitely still are using our training wheels, we hope to be operating and interacting with you more and more as time goes on and we process this loss.

Thank you all for using and loving this forum. We cant wait for the future. Growing the education platform that it is!

The pictures below are meaningful. This was the last Plumbing job Terry did, and with his son Jamie. Under a strict timeframe they were able to convert a bathroom to be ADA, replumbing, making friends with the spiders in the crawl spaces, and adding a shower and much more so a loved one could return home. And alas Terrys love for the outdoors, and sharing this will all of his friends and family.

Thank you everyone for support! Please reach out anytime!

Love,
From the love Family

Attachments

• clare-2022-18.jpg
    clare-2022-18.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 420
  • clare-2022-25.jpg
    clare-2022-25.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Terry and Jamie.jpg
    Terry and Jamie.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 414

8seconds

Reaction score
I have lurked on this forum for a few years seeking help with various plumbing projects. I just became a member today and I am so sorry for the loss of Terry. He has helped so many DIYers and professionals with this forum. Rest in peace Terry.

Boink

Reaction score
I was so lucky to see Terry (and chat) at our 50th+2 high school reunion this last August. We've been FB friends and I've been following his struggle. RIP old chum.

Markos

Reaction score
My thoughts are with the family. I called Terry in December and while he told me he was struggling with cancer, I had no idea it was this advanced. Terry has been an invaluable resource for myself and other for years and years.

I have the highest regard for experts who share the wealth. So many people wish to
keep their expertise, tips, and tricks to themselves. Either this, or an over the top youtube personality. Terry’s forum is a practical tool for DiY’ers to learn,
and generous experts to share.

I hope that the forum lives on in Terry’s memory!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I wish I could have spent more time out in Seattle last summer with terry but I had the wife with me and we were on a tight schedule.... In hindsight I would have loved to have come out to help Terry with his brothers project.... any reason to get out of Indiana is a good reason....

looks like you have finally up-graded the advertiseing on Terrys site.... he was always talking about doing this but never got around to it.....

tank care

aridaen

Reaction score
Oh no! I just registered on this site hoping to get some advice on a bathroom remodel I'm doing and this is the first thread I open. I'm sorry to hear that Terry has passed, and I'm grateful that his work will go on in the form of this forum.

brador

Reaction score
OMG, tragic news... I am greatly saddened and send my support to the family. I haven't used this site a lot but when I have it's been invaluable. Far better than just about any DIY site out there, RIP. Terry. As the Dalai Lama would say, I'll see you again, life after life...

Stephenson

Reaction score
I am so, so saddened to hear of Terry's passing ... 2023 has been an awful year.
In addition to several interactions on plumbing matters where his instruction was EXTREMELY helpful, we had an email exchange discussing his choice of the photo he said he chose for me - a purple BSA 500 (B50SS). Now, here's the point - I have owned a 1972 BSA B50SS since 1980 - and the ONLY year it was produced in purple is 1972. Same motorcycle. Same Year. Incredible coincidence.

Terry broadened all our lives.

RIP, Terry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks