New Toto Keeps Clogging on large stools

Users who are viewing this thread

Archmike2021

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! After reading through a bunch of posts on here I decided to swap my half bath toilet for a Toto Drake 1.28gal with the cefiontect glaze because it sounded like Toto toilets rarely clog. Well somehow after only having the toilet for 2 weeks my wife has somehow clogged it twice. My wife suffers from constipation and only goes #2 every 3 or 4 days. Is she just overloading the toilet with giant movements or should I look into something else causing the clogs? She swears that she is using minimal paper for clean up and I believe her. She has admitted that the movements have been extremely large. I was hoping to swap my other 2 toilets for Toto as well but with the new one clogging up I'm considering going with another brand. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most new toilets have a 2" trapway, including TOTO.
Caroma has a 3" trapway which works well with large stools. I would suggest picking up one of the Caroma brand toilets and perhaps moving the TOTO there to a bathroom she doesn't use.

sydney_305_el_1.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Try a flush before starting the paperwork... Maybe even hold the handle down during that first flush.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Not kidding: A prune a day. Two, for some people.
My concern for many geographic regions is that there is rare parts support for the Caroma brand.
I will post again here, that the American Standard Cadet 3FlowWise has yet to clog since we've owned it for well over a year and and likely the same with any Cadet 3. They have standard Fluidmaster flapper and fill valves.
The Toto Entrada is a WC, though not the best looking, is an excellent flushing model. We have them in lots of apartments and never have to service nor get complaints.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My concern for many geographic regions is that there is rare parts support for the Caroma brand.
I will post again here, that the American Standard Cadet 3FlowWise has yet to clog since we've owned it for well over a year and and likely the same with any Cadet 3. They have standard Fluidmaster flapper and fill valves.
The Toto Entrada is a WC, though not the best looking, is an excellent flushing model. We have them in lots of apartments and never have to service nor get complaints.
For large stools, the American Standard Cadet 3 will plug too easily. It has the standard 2" trapway that Kohler and TOTO has.
And yes, works fine for at least 95% of the population, but does not work for large stools.
Don't waste their time suggesting something that is just going to plug up on them. Large stools is a medical condition and requires different ways of thinking. You can't just install your basic toilet, which the Cadet 3 is, a basic toilet, and expect a miracle.

I've had plenty of users around the country that have thanked me for advising them on toilets that work for large stools.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks