Feeling stupid- can't figure out how to turn on shower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, when new, there's a sticker on the spout telling people how to activate the shower...now, that usually gets peeled off before first use, but hopefully, by then the owners know how to use it...doesn't help the rest of us! But, I'd heard about them, so was not confused when I first discovered one. At one hotel...they had a plack on the wall telling people how to activate it...they probably got tired of getting calls to the desk asking...

Henry L

Reaction score
Literally made an account to say that this thread is still helping! June, 2021

We took a shower with a bucket dumping water on ourselves the first night at our new home because we couldn't figure out how to work the diverter. Was quite silly!

Vinny12345

Reaction score
Literally made an account to say that this thread is still helping! June, 2021

We took a shower with a bucket dumping water on ourselves the first night at our new home because we couldn't figure out how to work the diverter. Was quite silly!

SAME but July 2021!! Keep it going!!

ThePlumbersCrack69

Reaction score
September 2021, made an account here simply to thank you all for figuring this out. Just moved into a new house this week and looked like an idiot trying to get the shower working!

Faucets-Suck

Reaction score
Sending great thanks from February 2022 because I haven’t had a shower in days and almost had a breakdown, but literally thank god for this time-defying community meeting!

Lois Lane

Reaction score
I don't have this faucet, but I really appreciate the observation (and subsequent documentation) that this post has probably helped scores if not hundreds of people. You never know when your small act of mercy or kindness will help someone else! I am leaving post it notes all over my house when I leave to alert the new owners about it's idiosyncrasies.

Juapell

Reaction score
Just created an account to say thank you! Rented a pretty nice cabin in the woods with this diverter. I’m a handyman, and I can’t figure out lot of things other people cannot.
Well, this little thing really destroyed my pride.
Thank you!

Hojicha0709

Reaction score
I just created an account for the sole purpose of saying thank you because this post helped me right now, in 2022. Currently staying at a friend’s place and wanted to take a shower before they woke up, but I spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out how to divert the water from the bath faucet to the shower head before I googled it. I am thankful for this post lol!

LouisvillekyRentals

Reaction score
Amazing how relevant this thread still is in 2022. I’m running an Airbnb and several guests are breaking my handles and then asking how to turn on the shower… Does anyone know where I can get the metal placard or a sticker as shown in the first post so guests have instruction how to operate the diverter??? Lol

Reach4

Reaction score
Amazing how relevant this thread still is in 2022. I’m running an Airbnb and several guests are breaking my handles and then asking how to turn on the shower… Does anyone know where I can get the metal placard or a sticker as shown in the first post so guests have instruction how to operate the diverter??? Lol
Trophy shop, printing place? Try Googling "custom placards". I don't think those are going to be a stock item anywhere.

There are spouts where you can unscrew the ones we are talking about here, and screw on a spout that has a lift ball on top of the water exit.

Jace669

Reaction score
I created an account to say thank you. This post helped me, funny to see all the comments with the same situation as me. This thing makes any adult feel like a child :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks