Which Toilet has widest/tallest tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

C Lane

Reaction score
I live in a 1954 house with original tile in the bathrooms (including wall tile 0, I had the tile sprayed white several years ago. Now, I'm needing to replace both toilets. They were installed in the early 1970's and one has a crack in between the tank and bowl, thus leaking. They are large though and the tile was not sprayed behind or underneath. I need to find a toilet that is larger or same size as current. Measurements areTank width=21.5", height=29", base=8" width, 12 "rough in. Any thoughts on a decent toilet that would cover this?

Attachments

• IMG_5375.jpg
    IMG_5375.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 332

Reach4

Reaction score
They are large though and the tile was not sprayed behind or underneath.
What does that mean? Was your tile spray-painted? If so, maybe re-paint while the toilet is off. Do you have reason to believe that there is not tile that is now covered by the toilet and there is not perfectly good tile covered by the toilet tank?

The Toto Soiree has a pretty large base and will cover most old footprints. See dimensions at the bottom of https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms964214cefg.pdf However once you pull the current toilet, you may find that your tile goes farther under.

Last edited by a moderator:

C Lane

Reaction score
What does that mean? Was your tile spray-painted? If so, maybe re-paint while the toilet is off. Do you have reason to believe that there is not tile that is now covered by the toilet and there is not perfectly good tile covered by the toilet tank?

The Toto Soiree has a pretty large base and will cover most old footprints. See dimensions at the bottom of https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms964214cefg.pdf However once you pull the current toilet, you may find that your tile goes farther under.
with a flashlight i can see the original coral tile color behind the tank. i was at lowe's today and they were clueless. the widest tank i have found is about 19.85" , i guess that is my best bet so far. i think the original has got to be at least 7 gallons. overall just trying to avoid the spray tile issue and $$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks