Replacement for Kohler Wellworth "Sunlight" color toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

NameTaken2

Reaction score
Circa-1987 Kohler Wellworth K4620 toilet has a crack down the entire length of center of tank.
Tank has the "Insuliner" styrofoam liner.
Color: "Sunlight" = a pale yellow: same color as floor/tub/surround/sink/and tiles half-way up walls.
Rough-In = 10"
Need: Replace with 1.28GPF comfort height toilet, 10" rough-in.
Q:
The "Sunlight" color is discontinued. A renovation of this relative's bath is not in the cards.
Make sense to try the "closest" color such as Kohler Biscuit/Almond, or American Standard Bone?
Black goes with everything, but a black toilet not desired.
Is best choice a white toilet?
HD has (8) with 10" rough-in/chair ht/1.28gpf gravity:
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Bath-To...vZcb8nZ1z0m208Z1z0zbtpZ1z1c6rlZ1z1pjbn?NCNI-5
Is there a best choice at HD, or a better option for a 10" rough-in 1.28gpf chair ht toilet from another mfr?
Thanks for your time.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Perhaps a Kohler Wellworth in white or almond with a Sunlight seat and lid?

Lustra™ Quick-Release™elongated toilet seat
K-4652-Y2

color-sunlight.jpg

k-4652-y2.jpg

Peterson

Reaction score
Call Kohler directly. They have discontinued colored bathroom fixtures in warehouses that they can search and sell to you. It's expensive though. They might just have the tank. If all else fails, I'd get a white toilet.

NameTaken2

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies-
A basic white toilet may be the best option vs. mix/match white/yellow toilet/seat/tank.
With white, will be set when the bath does get renovated.

Any recommendations for a 10" rough-in 1.28gpf chair height white toilet?

Peterson

Reaction score
I'd get the code # off the inside of the tank or tank lid and call Kohler directly to see what they can do. That was a popular color and I'm sure some of them are still around. A few years ago, I almost bought a Harvest Gold discontinued Kohler toilet as our Harvest Gold toilet cracked. We ended up redoing the whole bathroom, so I never went through with the purchase, but I do remember speaking to a representative from Kohler who was able to search warehouses where they had extra tanks, bowls, etc. in colors to match. If you go with white, I'd look at getting a Kohler Highline which they make in round front at 10" rough in.

NameTaken2

Reaction score
Expect a very high quote if Kohler is able to find a "Sunlight" tank in a dark corner of a warehouse.
Also, will be good to raise to chair height and good for septic going from 1.6 to 1.28gpf.

Assume the 'Insuliner" is why there's no leak from the crack down the entire center of the tank -fortunate there but want to replace ASAP.
Will ck the Kohler Highline -THX for your recommendation and advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks