What toilet rough in length?

Users who are viewing this thread

jimpc

Reaction score
About to replace 3 toilets. 2 are obviously 12" rough but the third has me wondering. Probably 12 as well but just want to be sure. 2 pics attached of bolt distance from wall and top of toilet to wall, 13.25" and 1.50" respectively.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• 20170809_190906.jpg
    20170809_190906.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20170809_190925.jpg
    20170809_190925.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
A 12 inch would give a big gap. A 14 inch would probably fit.

I have an in-between rough-in that I put a Unifit adapter into place in an unconventional way -- making my own holes for the closet bolts into the adapter.

jimpc

Reaction score
A 12 inch would give a big gap. A 14 inch would probably fit.

I have an in-between rough-in that I put a Unifit adapter into place in an unconventional way -- making my own holes for the closet bolts into the adapter.

So how does something like this happen? Other 2 toilets I have are the same and it's only 12.5" from bolt to wall. I just don;t want to get a 14" rough in and find out it doesn't fit then have to pay a restocking fee or return shipping if I order it online.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would pick up three 12" rough's and be done with it. The homes I'm installing 14" are because they are 1920's homes with very little leg room in front. Most bathrooms now are 58" wide and space isn't an issue. The old homes from the 1920's might have had a tub sitting right across from the toilet.

jimpc

Reaction score
I would pick up three 12" rough's and be done with it. The homes I'm installing 14" are because they are 1920's homes with very little leg room in front. Most bathrooms now are 58" wide and space isn't an issue. The old homes from the 1920's might have had a tub sitting right across from the toilet.

Ya, I'm over it. You'll hate this Terry but my family owns a paint business and only has access to Kohler toilets from their distributor. So that's what is going in. Going to try out the new Kohler Corbelle. Supposedly they've finally caught up with everyone else by replicating the "around the bowl" flush. They call it the 360 revolution flush. Only the plus side at a 12" rough in it's supposed to be .5" to the wall which shaves .25" had I gone with the Drake II. I'll let you guys know how it is.

The toilet:

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/corbelle-1.28-eb-toilet/productDetail/toilets/1323975.htm

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks