WDI Ecoflush B8106S Leaking Water When Flushed

Users who are viewing this thread

JaCkaL829

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to help out a friend who had their basement refinished about 3 years ago. They added a small half bathroom, and the 'handyman' instructed them to install a special wall mount toilet. I believe this was done to avoid the labor of building up a platform, or to cut through the slab foundation. Anyway, they informed me that the toilet is leaking water, but we're unsure where. When I opened the tank, I was greeted by a WDI Ecoflush pressure assisted tank. I'm not a plumber, but I enjoy working with my hands, and trying to help people out.

After flushing the toilet water was basically 'spitting out' around where the water inlet goes. I did notice a good amount of water on the side of the tank too. Short with time, and checking basic things (making sure the water supply hose was hand tight) I left but took some pics of the model number. Searching around a little it seems this type of toilet system is subjected to it's own issues. I've never had or heard of an issue with gravity flush toilets. When she said leak I suspected a broken seal, and a constant drip, not only when it's flushed that it's spraying out.

I'm just wondering any ideas where it could be coming from, or common faulty issues with this type of tank? They are more than willing to call a plumber, I'm just trying to help them out a little with the holidays coming, I'd also like to know for my own personal knowledge. I did read one review of this particular model stating a similar leak issue, and that their solution was to really tighten the supply line, and the 2 tank bolts.

I would even be open to replacing the whole thing with a different brand, I though I read on here that Terry recommends Flushmate as opposed to WDI? It may be cheaper for them to just replace with a new one as I'm not charging them for my time.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

wdi--tank-300.jpg

https://wdiecoflush.com/products/b8106-ecoflush-pressure-assisted-flush-system-single-control

https://wdiecoflush.com/pages/repair-faqs

Links added by Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:

JaCkaL829

Reaction score
Can you post a picture 800 pixels or less of the tank and inside the tank?

I will ask the owner to send me some pics. I did take a closeup of the WDI tank and toilet tank. It appears the toilet is a 2 piece American Standard 4098 Glenwall toilet. They said the toilet was about $500 and they had to buy at an actual supply house as opposed to a box store. I’m very inclined to just replace the whole black tank, as are the owners.

Attachments

• 3CFF208D-1218-4515-BF7B-881DE20C7D8D.jpeg
    3CFF208D-1218-4515-BF7B-881DE20C7D8D.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 260
  • E9F53B7F-77BF-45FF-8DC1-BF1814E072E1.jpeg
    E9F53B7F-77BF-45FF-8DC1-BF1814E072E1.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 264

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There will always be a little water in the tank for any pressure assist. There is a port that drains that down. Where is the water showing up?
I have also had issues with the tank to bowl gaskets.

JaCkaL829

Reaction score
There will always be a little water in the tank for any pressure assist. There is a port that drains that down. Where is the water showing up?
I have also had issues with the tank to bowl gaskets.

I'm still waiting for the owner to send me pics. The odd part is it's not a regular, constant leak that I can easily trace. It's only when the toilet is flushed, and it's a pressurized leak like it's squirting from somewhere as soon as you flush it. I had a difficult time telling if it was coming from the water supply inlet hose, or the bolts that connect the tank to the bowl.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
That is the normal operation of those WDI EcoFlush models. Nothing to worry about. Same thing happens with the Sloan pressure-assists, like Terry said.
Unappealing? Yes, but, it is standard function.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks