Washer/dryer GLGH1642FS5 (seems the same as Frigidaire front-loader) - washer now comatose

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard Haven

Reaction score
(If appliance questions are inappropriate, please delete this)

The current status is:
  • Dryer works fine
  • Washer light comes on when activated (i.e. pull the knob out)
  • Washer does not
    • Fill with water
    • Rotate
    • Drain (based on sound)
I'm looking for information to help me find the pump (IC) board; check the fuse; test the pump

I don't know if I have multiple failures (perhaps caused by the impact when the spring broke): the speed controller, the pump, etc.

Please advise
===============================================================
History, oldest to most recent
  1. The washer and dryer worked fine
  2. Loud noise and washer stopped rotating in any mode
  3. Diagnosed a broken support spring
  4. Received and installed a replacement spring (a replacement electric washer motor, belt, and shocks ready to return for a refund)
  5. The washer fills but does not spin. During what would be wash cycles, the drum rotates rarely and slowly. Drain pump makes a lot of noise
  6. Remove drain hose (drum to pump) and empty coin trap (it was full)
  7. Reinstall drain hose
  8. The washer fills but does not spin. During what would be wash cycles, the drum rotates rarely and slowly. Drain pump makes a lot of noise
  9. Check hose from pump to exit pipe -- it seems mostly clear
  10. The washer seems dead -- see above

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks