Users who are viewing this thread

DeereAdam

Reaction score
Hi,

I am installing a wall hung toilet in my basement. The existing main stack is several feet away. To install the toilet where I'd like, the toilet drain will need to run horizontal (nominal fall) to the main stack. Question is, will the toilet flush properly with the drain exiting the back of the toilet, turning 90 degrees to horziontal? Has anyone seen a similar situation? If this will not work, what is the minimum angle for the toilet drain? The installation manual wasn't much help.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
if you're gonig from vertical to horizontal, use a LONG SWEEP 90. If you don't have room for a long sweep 90, roll your short 90 out at 45-degrees and then straighten it back to horizontal using a 45. It'll work just fine as long as you have a vent no less than 1-1/2" in diameter

DeereAdam

Reaction score
Please excuse the poor mock-up... This is the situation I have... The sanitary tee is the location of the main stack. Note the angle of the drain from the toilet carrier.

getPart

DeereAdam

Reaction score
I don't have room for any of that... I posted a picture for a better view of the situation. I have seen toilet carriers with horizontal discharge... but this may be for pressure assisted toilets???

0210y_m58_m54xx.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are two types of wall hung toilets. Those that use a 4 bolt pattern like the one pictured above, and a two bolt in-wall tank carrier.
The carrier above normally roughs at 4-1/4" from the finished floor to the center of the drain. That works for wall hung toilets that use either the tank, or a Flushometer.

duofit_3_1.jpg

An in-wall tank.

index.php

DeereAdam

Reaction score
Will a gravity flush toilet flush properly with a similar setup (immediately horizontal)? Toto Aquia Toilet on Grohe Carrier.

DeereAdam

Reaction score
Awesome... that is the information I was looking for. At least I know my constraints now. I really appreciate your help Terry and Michael!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks