Users who are viewing this thread

wood eco-artist

Reaction score
Hello, Terry!

Thank you so very much for all your years of expertise and the effort and time you put into this website! It has been great reading on your forum, I am just sorry that I found it after months of toilet research. I had narrowed it down to Toto or AM Cadet 3 or Champion, but your forum comments have helped me decide on Toto. I was hoping you could weigh in on which Toto best fits our situation: it is just the 2 of us and we have our own well, so water is not an issue. We would prefer higher or universal height. I definitely want CEFIONTECT! Our water has marked our other toilets, so I can't wait to have stain free toilets! Our main floor toilet is a low boy Kohler in a narrow spot of 31 inches wide. the rough in is 12.25 inches. Our Masterbath toilet is in a wider space and the rough i is 11 inches. Thanks!! :)joanne

Reach4

Reaction score
What color are the marks on your old toilets? Is it a pale ring at the waterline, or is it rust-red?

I think you may have a need for better water treatment.

CEFIONTECT is not the miracle that we hope for, unfortunately. It is not vastly better than regular.

Last edited:

wood eco-artist

Reaction score
What color are the marks on your old toilets? Is it a pale ring at the waterline, or is it rust-red?

I think you may have a need for better water treatment.

CEFIONTECT is not the miracle that we hope for, unfortunately. It is not vastly better than regular.

Our marks are pale and they are at the water mark and where the water comes down.

Reach4

Reaction score
Our marks are pale and they are at the water mark and where the water comes down.
I would get your softener working well before you get the new toilet.

Pummie brand pumice stick is the only thing I found that works. I understand that you are not supposed to use that on the Sanigloss, but I have -- after trying an assortment of chemicals.

pumi-scour-stick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you can't improve your water quality, the optional finish on the Totos helps some, but most anything you use on them that is abrasive, will degrade it over time...it would be nearly impossible to keep it as smooth as when it came out of the factory when any abrasive cleaner is used....you do what you have to. A periodic waxing might help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The taller CST454CEFG needs 11.5" on the rough or more.
The standard height CST744SG will install at 11".

Most of the II stuff with CEFIONTECT needs 11.5" to install.
The original Drake installs at 10-7/8" but only has CEFIONTECT on one bowl. The C744EG-01

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks