Toilet Tank To Bowl Connection Nut Type

Users who are viewing this thread

bottomsup

Reaction score
I would like to know the type of nut and washers that I need to use to secure the tank bolt to the bowl. Since they go under the bowl and not exposed to water, can I use any type like zinc plated steel ones or do they have to be stainless steel or brass?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
as-rust-2.jpg

If it's a Kohler Cimarron, then maybe plated. Most all others I see drop through the tank and then attach to the bowl. A rusting bolt streaks up the bowl pretty badly.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Even though the newer, low-flow toilets use less water than the old ones, under some conditions, they can still get cold enough to sweat or, if in a shower room, the high humidity can get condensation...use brass or SS and you won't have an issue. Otherwise, you might.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks