Worried about over tightening bolts when attaching tank to bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Branscome

Reaction score
This is my first time to install a new toilet and I'm installing an AS Champion. When I set the tank on the bowl, there's a ton of play - and I'm sure I have the gasket seated all the way on the tank. I've been cranking on the supplied nuts with the supplied plastic tool and I'm close to china on china, but I'm having to wrench it pretty good. I'm a little afraid that I'm going to crack the porcelain. Should it take a fair amount of force to tighten it down?

Peterson

Reaction score
The tank should be tightly bolted to the bowl and there should not be hardly any wobble with it. The gasket might be extra spongy since it's new?

Reach4

Reaction score
Use a piece of paper or a thin business card to check that it will fit between the ceramic contact points. Press the tank to the side to maximize each gap, to see how close you are getting.

Fair amount of force if your wrench is short.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks