Toilet bend Not 100% level?? Am I OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help before I even begin!!

I am almost ready to cement in my pipes in my basement floor. My only worry is that I put the darn toilet bend in a little unlevel. In other words it is not 100% level to where the cement floor will be. I would say one side is about 1/4 inch lower than the other.

Will I be able to fix this when I put the flange on after I pour the cement or do I need to cut it out and put in another? I didn't know if 1/4 inch was too big an issue.

Thanks for any help. I really don't want to cut and re do unless I have to!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Fix it while you can...many of the new toilets seem to have a smaller space allowance and 1/4" may be too much. There is not much give in a pvc joint; maybe a little more in a CI leaded one when attaching the flange.Plus, you really want to anchor the flange rim to the slab so it is less likely to break when you anchor your toilet - the flange should sit flat on the finished floor.

Prashster

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Dumb me, I cemented the bend and the stub out and the drain arm all at once above ground at perfect 90 degrees. Then, when I put it in, the drain slope forced the stub out of perpendicular.

Fortunately, I was able to mock up the finished floor above the drain trench b4 cementing it over and I found that I couldn't for the life of me make the flange sit straight without compromising the contact with the stub.

Had 2 options: Cheat down the slope of the drain, or cut and reassemble.

I did a little of both...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks