Switching out Delta tub and shower trim

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kfernsdell, May 4, 2021.

1. kfernsdell

kfernsdell New Member

Recently updated my 25+ yr.-old bungalow bathroom. New vanity, fixtures, etc. All I want to do is upgrade to a new Delta tub & shower trim. I have no plan to trash my wall, and from everything I've read, I shouldn't have to. I have the Delta "classic" the inexpensive, basic model with acrylic turn knob. I finally found the Delta Becker Monitor (14, I guess) trim that I want. A plumber told me the new model number won't work with my current model. He's pretty-much insisting that he go into the wall to redo the setting, or whatever you call it. (I do have an access panel, but it's behind very heavy furniture which I do not want moved, nor should I have to.) Can't the trim kits simply be switched out?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Is this what you have?

[​IMG]

Tuttles Revenge likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Are the screws both below the handle or diagonal like Terry showed?

5. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

I'm installing 2 renovation kits tomorrow