Sewage ejector basin problems

Users who are viewing this thread

KJS

Reaction score
Greetings from Canada, I'm a DIY-er who visits this site often for advice. This time I think I may be over my head. I have a sewage ejector system in my basement, looks like it was built in 92. I got the house in 2010. Pump and float/check were replaced in 2018. Last week the whole thing stopped working, I figured the float or pump died again. But when I took the lid off, I saw the sides of the basin/bin are pushed in and the float couldn't move freely. I could compare it to squeezing an empty can of beer. I had 2 plumbers come by and they've never seen this happen before. When I search online all the results are for repairs to pump or float/check, and nothing about problems with the tank itself. I know that replacing the basin is a must, but what would cause this? I don't want to drop 700 on a new basin and have the same thing happen again. Any ideas? Everyone I know is stumped. Thanks

zoeller-instructions.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rustyorbroken

Reaction score
Old thread, but I've got the same thing. Mine is dented in two places, one is larger than the other. Did you find any sort of answers as to why this happens? I might try to use a long 2x4 to pry the sides back out. I'm not very optimistic, however. I dread having to change the basin entirely.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That does seem strange. I did install a new cover for a customer a few months ago. We were able to order up just the lid that was needed. So glad we didn't have to work the basin. I think I had installed that in the 90's for him.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks