Sears one piece, low profile toilet paarts

Users who are viewing this thread

Jkeyler

Reaction score
I have a Sears one piece low profile toilet that we installed in 1975. The original ball cock items were brass, however, when that was replaced some years later, only plastic items were available. Now we need to replace those, and the items I get from Sears parts are not the right items. I don't know who manufactured the toilet, however, in the lid it is marked Model 738 and has a date of 1975. Some other numbers are: 492550; 3457; NC3-45? (can't make out the last number). Perhaps someone is familiar with these toilets and can provide a source for replacement parts.
Thanks
Jim

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless it is really strange (very possible) a generic flush valve from Fluidmaster or Korky may very well work. If the hole through the tank is a standard size, one of those should do it.

Lancaster

Reaction score
The model number is 738.492550.The parts list can be viewed at Sears.com.
You can get a whole new ballcock for like 15 dollars (Item # 20 in the parts list).The parts for the original ballcock will not fit the new one,so effectively theres no alternative to replacing the whole ballcock.

Jkeyler

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, however, I found the original owners manual and it lists the P/N as 738-49425. I went to the Sears parts list via internet and located and ordered the parts. Big surprise, the total cost for the replacement parts came to $141 (including shipping). Lancaster, the toilet model number you stated is not the same configuration as mine. Mine does not have the tank above the seat level. Got the parts ordered.
Thanks again for your input. Jim

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth, here is the diagram and parts list for the model you mention, but it is a two piece called the silouhette. Apparently sears has figured it out for you and got you the parts. I normally would not recommend spending $140 on parts for a 30+ year old toilet, but if you like it and it works, and especially if it is a decorator color....then sometimes you do what you have to do.
http://www3.sears.com/Paul/Leadimag...assCode=PM&titleType=UNIT PARTS&titleID=00001&

http://www3.sears.com/Paul/partlist...ype=UNIT PARTS&titleID=00001&SearchType=TITLE&

Lancaster

Reaction score
Weird that the tank top has the wrong model number on it.Wonder if the top got swapped out somewhere along the line.In any case,its good that you found the original parts list.

Jkeyler

Reaction score
Actually, the lid only had the model number 738 stamped on it. There are some numbers stamped in the ceramic inside the tank, however, are not readable. If you go to the Sears parts list for the last number I cited (738.49425) you will see the drawing of the toilet that I have. It definitely is not the silouhette model. The one we have is also a custom color to match the rest of the bathfoom facilities so DW (dear wife) :mad:says spend whatever it takes to get it fixed, and the price of parts is much cheaper than the cost of a new toilet plus installation charge I would think.
I would provide a link to the Sears info on my toilet, however, I am not that informed as to how to do that.
Jim