Sani-tees horizontal all over the place on house lift project NJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Houptee

Reaction score
This house is a few blocks away from mine and was lifted after sandy. I peeked under the house and saw many horizontal sani-tees where he tied in the drains to the main 4" line. They even put a 4" one at the turn where the clean out is. NJ is under the NSPC but isnt this a violation under all the codes? Sani-tees are only supposed to be used vertically due to the short radius of the bend correct? They also put a double san tee with clean out horizontal tied into the low heel under the water closet bend. No idea if this has been inspected yet there has been no activity at this house in months and it was lifted April 2014 over a year ago.
20150725_142019.jpg
20150725_142052.jpg
20150725_142106.jpg
20150725_142043.jpg
20150725_142203.jpg

Houptee

Reaction score
That upside down wye by the trap i think is for the vent. But strange thing is his 2" drain ties in to the main 4" then the vent ties in to the 4" also.
20150725_142149.jpg

Houptee

Reaction score
The main job is being done by a general contractor that has been involved all over town with house lifts. He must have subbed out this job to a so called plumber that doesn't know the proper fittings. I think some of the piping was pre existing before the house lift that's why some glued joints have clear primer because it was before the purple primer existed. These house lifts on older homes are very challenging projects for everyone involved since the homeowners cant afford to totally replace everything in the house and the various grant programs and flood insurance wont pay to "upgrade" existing parts of the house that were not directly damaged by flood water contact. So the electricians and plumbers and carpenters have to tie into the old framing and wiring and piping and try to stay within the budget of the insurance settlement and if they got any grant but do it without tearing apart the entire house inside. There are so many horror stories of contractors disappearing halfway into the project and leaving the houses half done with red failed stickers all over the place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks