Rubber Gasket won’t seat onto 2 inch PVC shower drain all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dumb DIY

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Replacing an old acrylic shower pan that was on it’s last leg with a new acrylic one. The shower pan I bought came with a special drain that I haven’t seen before. Standard center drain, however the drain has a rubber gasket that is supposed to fit over the 2 inch pvc drain pipe. Had no problem getting the gasket to seat properly when dry fitting. Problem happened when I placed the pan in a mortar bed, the gasket doesn’t go flush with the pvc pipe anymore, it is seated too high. Unfortunately, i can’t take the cover off to get more pressure on the gasket so I’ve been trying to carefully move it down with dishwasher soap and a screwdriver to no avail. Any suggestions on how to move the gasket down to seat correctly?

Attachments

• D12C9081-8663-4B40-8DA4-353A848AB64C.jpeg
    D12C9081-8663-4B40-8DA4-353A848AB64C.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 278
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks