Shower Base flexes after mortar bed installation. Advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is it only flexing in that one corner or the whole pan overall? If its just the corner, then packing, stuffing in bags, cake icing is the likely solve.. I would go the extra mile now and do that around the whole thing..

And the super easy solve for this shower pan is to apply a self leveling compound and avoid trying to shim..

Zerocool749

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A couple days ago, I used everyone's advice and fixed the problem! I cut a notch in my bottom plate, filled a mortar bag, and backfilled under the shower base. I left the pan flexed up and filled with mortar for support. Now, it is rock solid when I step in the area. The back area of the shower base is a little out of level, but nothing too bad. My first row of tile will cover that.

If you look close, you can see the notched bottom plate. There is another bottom plate made of pressure treaded lumber underneath, anyway.

1654370209063.jpeg

Thank you all again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks