Removing plastic tee to install in-pipe heating system

Users who are viewing this thread

Patty Bates

Reaction score
At my cottage I have a 100 foot, 1-1/4" black poly pipe for lake water intake. To avoid potential freezing this winter, I'm going to install an in-pipe heating system.
The poly pipe goes through the concrete block foundation and immediately hooks up to a plastic tee. It then goes up and away towards the intake jet pump. In order to install the in-pipe heating system, it needs to be installed "in-line" and the plastic tee needs to be removed.
The issue is that the steel clamps around the plastic tee appear to be covered in concrete. I'm wondering, what's the best way to loosen those clamps and remove the plastic tee? I was thinking about carefully "chipping" away at the concrete but I want to ensure I don't damage or crack the incoming poly pipe.
Thanks,
Patty

bates-01.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Chipping the concrete may work, but also be ready to excavate outside the wall and make a connection there.
You don't really have anything to work with there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks