Poorly plumbed kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
So here it is. The homeowner doesn't have the money to pay to have the pipes cut out and installed properly.
No trap, no vent

upload_2019-6-27_10-46-50.png

So I found this weird thing at a UK website. looks like it will do the trick. Except in the UK, they use millimeters. I need a 1-1/2 version of this manufactured S-trap from the UK. Also, S-traps are not legal here. But there is a port where I could install an in-line studor vent. So does this count as an S-trap or not?
upload_2019-6-27_10-50-11.png

Stuff

Reaction score
Won't be pretty but add a couple of 90s and install a baffle T in the middle and you should have room for a trap. Add an AAV and you're done.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Won't be pretty but add a couple of 90s and install a baffle T in the middle and you should have room for a trap. Add an AAV and you're done.

You're right. But it would look bloody awful. I wouldn't want anyone to know I had done the hideous work. If I can't be proud of my work, I prefer to walk away from it. Our craftsmanship is our brand.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Two 45s on the way up to the AAV.

Maybe shorten tailpieces for more clearance.

I think if she's willing to spend the money to have her sink piped properly, the use of 45's exactly as you've drawn is going to make the most sense. thanks for your idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks