Pipe to use for inertia pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Arla

Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting simple and putting together an inertia pump and then slowly seeing if I can get back to my jet pump (and get that working).

For now I just want to go with the basics, for an inertia pump from reading all I really need is a foot/check valve (Ace Hardware seems to sell a couple for either 10 or 20 dollars) and some piping, while the original jet pump had some pipes, they obviously weren't much good because they had broken (part of the problem of why the pump wasn't working).

So, where/what is reasonable piping to get, I will need to go down maybe 40 feet at most (not sure how fast the well drains/fills, right now water is at about 9 foot mark), I also don't want to spend a fortune, and it would be nice if all parts could be reused with a jet pump (if I ever decide to get that really working).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks