New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

Users who are viewing this thread

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one on here is talking about the new Drake 2021 (CST776) that will supposedly be available at the end of June. Essentially, they're taking all the original Drake models and updating them with Tornado Flushing System and Cefiontect glaze.

https://www.totousa.com/press/toto-introduces-two-drake-toilets

https://www.plumbersstock.com/blog/new-toto-21-drake-toilet-update/

I found out this news while researching replacement toilets for my upcoming remodel. I think I'm going to hold out for this new Drake with the hope that it has the larger water spot of the original Drake bowl but with the Tornado flush and Cefiontect glaze, and with a 1.6 tank. Maybe my perfect toilet.

Any thoughts or insights from the seasoned pros on this board?

cst776cefg-product-page.jpg

Drake 2021

cst776cefg-spec-2021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting about this.
I am not particularly overjoyed on this 2021 model 776 tank redesign (though the "transitional" version is much nicer).
Hard to tell if CeFiONtect will be the only way they ship.
Reserving judgment to see what ballcock they ship with. I was incredulous that they ever shipped the TSU18A fill valves. Worst design EVER.
Frankly, I've been using more $150. Entrada models for customers who just don't appreciate the look of the EcoDrake enough to spend the money on the nicer design. The Entrada tank is definitely ugly, but people don't usually close the seat lid anyway most of the time, so accept it for what it is.

st776ea-terrylove-0.jpg

This one has breplum's favorite fill valve. Made by Korky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
CST776CEG
CST776CSG
CST776CEFG
CST776CSFG
CST776CEFG.10
CST776CSFG.10

C = TORNADO FLUSH® system
E = 1.28 GPF
S = 1.6 GPF
F = 16-1/8" bowl height
G = CEFIONTECT® ceramic glaze minimizes debris from sticking to ceramic surfaces

cst776ceg-spec-2021.jpg

cst776-spec-2021-10-inch-rough.jpg

index.php

I installed this one today. I think they are going to be a big seller for me. They are like the Drake II but at a better price point.

Last edited:

Jdrive

Reaction score
I really don't understand why Toto keeps trying to redesign the Drake toilets. The CST744 models have been one of their most reliable and best selling but they keep trying to discontinue it. We've installed many of these and they have all been flawless.

Last year's CST746 redesign was a complete disaster and they had to cancel that model and bring back the CST744.

I am skeptical that the new CST776 will be that much better than the 744s. Why not call the 776 the Drake III and offer the various models as options?

Djarchow

Reaction score
Any updates on the new Drakes? I see some places are showing them in stock. I need a toilet for my basement finish. We have 16 year old Drakes in the house and have been very happy with them. I am a bit nervous about the Cefiontect coating since I doubt I can train our ever changing cleaning ladies to use the regular Clorox on the old toilets and Dawn on the new one.

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
AI am a bit nervous about the Cefiontect coating since I doubt I can train our ever changing cleaning ladies to use the regular Clorox on the old toilets and Dawn on the new one.

Thanks!

I have one with the Cefiontect coating that's 16 years old. I wouldn't worry about the cleaning much. If its a liquid cleaner it should be fine.
Don't let them flush paper towels or sponges though.

Djarchow

Reaction score
I have one with the Cefiontect coating that's 16 years old. I wouldn't worry about the cleaning much. If its a liquid cleaner it should be fine.
Don't let them flush paper towels or sponges though.

Terry, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Have you sold any of the new ones yet? Just curious about user feedback. I saw your poor review on the drake 3 CST746 last year so now I am leery of updates over what we have now.

John PM

Reaction score
Bumping this since I’m likely going to order a CST776CEG soon and am hoping to find out if the new models avoid the problems of the CST746 series.

Lmontejr

Reaction score
I have 2-CST744S but one of them gets used a lot and gets dirty fast. I have looked at the CST746 (dual flush) to replace it but I may have to wait for the single flush CST776. The 776 bowl looks different vs 746 bowl (pic attached). Maybe tornado flush will keep it clean longer with all the vitamins escaping in my urine.

Like Terry said, it's like a Drake II.

cst746-terrylove-05.jpg

The in-between dual flush that Terry Love doesn't like.

Last edited:

Pittsburrito

Reaction score
I see that the Drake 2021 is single-flush, but does it have the capability of pushing slightly for a light flush and pushing all the way for more flush (as some of the other single-flush Drake versions do)?

Reach4

Reaction score
I see that the Drake 2021 is single-flush, but does it have the capability of pushing slightly for a light flush and pushing all the way for more flush (as some of the other single-flush Drake versions do)?
I think the thing you are thinking of is to press fairly briefly for a normal flush, and to hold the lever down longer for more flush. That is the way it works with most toilets, and I would assume it would be that way with this. So time vs distance pressed.

John PM

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on this. Toilet arrived yesterday. Plumber is coming late October to install. I’ll try to remember to get back here with my take on performance etc after install.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I found this version with the T40 hole for washlet. Took a bit for my wholesalers to find it in their system tho! Have it spec'd for 3 projects. 1000 MaP score!
C776CEFGT40#01/ST776EA#01

Is model MS776124CSFG the same as CST776CSFG but with a seat?
https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/SpecSheet/SS-02007_MS776124CSF(G).pdf seems to say yes.

Yeah, took me forever to find the version of toilet without the washlet seat included. I had to call Toto directly to confirm the bowl number exists because it doesn't code up on their search bar.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Real dual-flush toilets need to have less water in the bowl so that even in the smaller flush, it still can evacuate all of the wastes. To achieve that, they can either make the water spot smaller in diameter (and thus deeper), or wider and shallower. On a deeper spot, you have more chances of skid marks, since it tends to stick to dry porcelain better than wet stuff. With the wider spot, if you've got a big volume deposit, it may not all be covered before you flush it. FWIW, the toilet I had in an apartment in Germany didn't have any water spot...it relied on a high pressure to wash off the 'shelf' where the waste ended up...didn't really like that system...not enough to look for a different apartment, though!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks