New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Was looking at CST776CSFG and am wondering how to ensure that I get a 1.6G with a T40 hole for washlet.

Personally I would call Toto direct and have them walk you through it. I still can't find the bowl on their site even after talking to someone there. I have the correct part number, it just doesn't have a page on their site yet.

Just to be clear, the bowl that my link goes to is neither 1.6gpf nor the T40 in the pic.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The T40 bowl in the tall height is C776CEFGT40, which can use the ST776EA 1.28 tank or the ST776SA 1.60 tank.
For use with a T40 Washlet. Or a SS124 Softclose will also cover the hole.

c776cefgt40-specs.jpg

NKaufman

Reaction score
Thanks Terry.
Does this mean that one needs to order bowl and tank separately instead of a SKU such as CST776CSFG (that has both tank and bowl)?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Terry.
Does this mean that one needs to order bowl and tank separately instead of a SKU such as CST776CSFG (that has both tank and bowl)?

If you getting the connect Washlet at the same time, the numbers start with MW

An example.
MW7763084CSFG
https://www.totousa.com/drake-washlet-plus-c5-two-piece-toilet-16-gpf-universal-height

Otherwise, I normally order the tank and bowl by themselves and add the Washlet.
Kind of depends on how your local supplier inventories them. I've done it both ways.

NKaufman

Reaction score
makes sense Terry, thanks.

I'll order the tank/bowl separately. Might start with slow close lid for the time being.
Still debating whether to spend that much on a Washlet but still wanted the option of being able to install a Washlet if we decide to go that route in future.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This ST776EA tank has the fill directed into the overflow. I've seen them both ways so far. Pointing down the overflow will put more water in the bowl area.

st776ea-terrylove-02.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Three of these on Vashon Island this week.

cst776cefg-terrylove-04.jpg

cst776cefg-terrylove-05.jpg

I had to install new brass screws for the closet flange here. Very solid now.
After picture taking I use the clear caulking. It goes on white to on pictures it doesn't look good. In the morning though it will turn clear.

cst776cefg-terrylove-06.jpg

Seattle area plumbing.

Mart

Reaction score
Hey, Terry, I’m thinking of buying the 2021 Drake Washlet+ S500e, 1.6 GPF MW7763046CSFG(A) cotton white. The corresponding models for that combo listed on the Toto spec sheet are: • C776CEFGT40 - Elongated bowl • ST776SA - Tank and cover • SW3046AT40 - WASHLET+ S500
My supplier is showing the following individual components as the SKUs for those corresponding models: 1061363 bowl, 1061368 tank, 1060942 S500e. I couldn’t find those reference numbers anywhere on Toto’s site, but could you tell me if they are the right ones? Really appreciate your help and website — so informative. And any comments on the performance of this new Drake, after your several months experience with it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Mart,
Those appear to SKU numbers from your local supplier in British Columbia.
The CST776 Drake models appear to be very similar to the CST454 Drake II's that I've been selling for years. They're working well.

Mart

Reaction score
Mart,
Those appear to SKU numbers from your local supplier in British Columbia.
The CST776 Drake models appear to be very similar to the CST454 Drake II's that I've been selling for years. They're working well.

Mart

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. I was researching the Toto model MaP scores, looking for a skirted or partially skirted Toto Washlet+ that performs as well as the Drakes. But I couldn’t find any Washlet+ models with a 1000g rating — though there are some with 800 scores, such as the Vespin II, Utramax II, Carlyle II, Nexus, etc. Any suggestions as to which of those (or other models) typically perform the best in terms of flushing power and also have a decent size water spot, like the 2021 Drake? I’m wondering what your experience is with the Nexus MW6423046CEFG in particular and whether the Unifit rough-ins are typically more prone to clogging, especially at 1.28 GPF max?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks, Terry. I was researching the Toto model MaP scores, looking for a skirted or partially skirted Toto Washlet+ that performs as well as the Drakes. But I couldn’t find any Washlet+ models with a 1000g rating — though there are some with 800 scores, such as the Vespin II, Utramax II, Carlyle II, Nexus, etc. Any suggestions as to which of those (or other models) typically perform the best in terms of flushing power and also have a decent size water spot, like the 2021 Drake? I’m wondering what your experience is with the Nexus MW6423046CEFG in particular and whether the Unifit rough-ins are typically more prone to clogging, especially at 1.28 GPF max?

If you're looking for other models besides the new Drake 2021, I suggest you start another thread for that.

top.coffee3745

Reaction score
tl;dr: New to TOTO and CST776 series — unsure if water level is appropriate and whether fill tube should stay positioned as it is out of the box.

Now for the lengthier version…
This ST776EA tank has the fill directed into the overflow. I've seen them both ways so far. Pointing down the overflow will put more water in the bowl area.

I just recently purchased three CST776CSFG's to replace Mansfield Alto 160's (good riddance!), and I found it surprising that out of the box, it was directed into the tank, and not the overflow. (I'm new to this stuff and the forum, but it seems pretty typical for it to point into the overflow? i.e., I found myself wondering about this because of posts like [this](https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/low-water-level-in-toto-toilet-bowl.32416/).

And, indeed, the water in the bowl, to me, seems quite low if directed into the tank. I did ask TOTO technical support, and they mentioned,
This model CST776CSFG - comes with the refill tube pointing into the tank, just like the picture you attached. If both toilets are the same model, make sure both refill tubes are pointing outside the overflow tube.

Is there a disadvantage to switching the position to fill into the overflow directly? Or conversely, an advantage to keeping it the way it is inside the box?

Here's with the tube filling into the tank:

https://cln.sh/lsKNc8OkOaAIvEMcQG7h

And here's with it filling into the overflow tube:

https://cln.sh/0p4C9P3R9shabtwrJPFl

That second one is also what appears to be the amount of water that the bowl will take, if I pour slowly into it; that is, the fill after a flush and adding water slowly to the bowl both result in an indiscernible difference.

(Also, sidebar: Thank you for this site! My decision on the TOTOs was ultimately decided by this forum, just getting the latest model, as discussed in only a couple threads so far.)

Mart

Reaction score
tl;dr: New to TOTO and CST776 series — unsure if water level is appropriate and whether fill tube should stay positioned as it is out of the box.

Now for the lengthier version…

I just recently purchased three CST776CSFG's to replace Mansfield Alto 160's (good riddance!), and I found it surprising that out of the box, it was directed into the tank, and not the overflow. (I'm new to this stuff and the forum, but it seems pretty typical for it to point into the overflow? i.e., I found myself wondering about this because of posts like [this](https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/low-water-level-in-toto-toilet-bowl.32416/).

And, indeed, the water in the bowl, to me, seems quite low if directed into the tank. I did ask TOTO technical support, and they mentioned,

Is there a disadvantage to switching the position to fill into the overflow directly? Or conversely, an advantage to keeping it the way it is inside the box?

Here's with the tube filling into the tank:

https://cln.sh/lsKNc8OkOaAIvEMcQG7h

And here's with it filling into the overflow tube:

https://cln.sh/0p4C9P3R9shabtwrJPFl

Mart

Reaction score
That second one is also what appears to be the amount of water that the bowl will take, if I pour slowly into it; that is, the fill after a flush and adding water slowly to the bowl both result in an indiscernible difference.

(Also, sidebar: Thank you for this site! My decision on the TOTOs was ultimately decided by this forum, just getting the latest model, as discussed in only a couple threads so far.)[/QUOTE]

I see that the spec sheet for that model reports a 9" x 6-7/8“ water surface, which looks about right with the fill tube in the overflow spout, so I’d leave it there. I’m still considering opting for this unit, too, if I don’t go with the Nexus. What are your initial impressions of the flushing power and Toronado cleaning performance using that greater bowl water volume?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I looked into the tanks of 8 toto toilets in our showroom. only 1 had the fill tube pointed into the tank.. I think its an oversite in production.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I looked into the tanks of 8 toto toilets in our showroom. only 1 had the fill tube pointed into the tank.. I think its an oversite in production.

I think so too. At any rate, you can play around with it. The last three I installed had the fill tub directed into the overflow, making the bowl refill better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks