New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

Users who are viewing this thread

top.coffee3745

Reaction score
I see that the spec sheet for that model reports a 9" x 6-7/8“ water surface, which looks about right with the fill tube in the overflow spout, so I’d leave it there. I’m still considering opting for this unit, too, if I don’t go with the Nexus. What are your initial impressions of the flushing power and Toronado cleaning performance using that greater bowl water volume?
Good catch. Both that and the water height are pretty much exact to the spec sheet with the fill tube into the overflow spout. Honestly I didn't have them installed and use them long enough at the lower level to compare too much — I was incorrectly holding the lever down longer for a longer flush. I had noticed the level seemed low as it was, but one was even lower than the other, which is what sent me researching. Now they're the same, and flushing seems to be great. Only had them installed since Sunday but so far am very happy with the upgrade.

Reach4

Reaction score
That second one is also what appears to be the amount of water that the bowl will take, if I pour slowly into it; that is, the fill after a flush and adding water slowly to the bowl both result in an indiscernible difference.

Indiscernible means no difference, as far as you could detect.

John PM

Reaction score
Our CST776CEG was installed earlier this week. It’s our first Toto and so far we’re very happy with it. Water spot and flush are great. Fill is a bit louder than I expected but nothing to complain about.

Mart

Reaction score
Thanks, John. I’ve now ordered a couple of 2021 Drake Washlet+ — still considering a Nexus for the third, but am now wondering whether to maybe go with a Caroma, given Terry’s comments on their flushing performance for large BMs.

NKaufman

Reaction score
"The T40 bowl in the tall height is C776CEFGT40, which can use the ST776EA 1.28 tank or the ST776SA 1.60 tank."

Per a higher authority in the household :), I have to ask:
Does the tall T40 bowl come with dual flush tank?

I will be getting a C5 washlet with this.

P.S. - just talked to Toto and it seems that there's no dual flush for this bowl. Its either 1.28 or 1.6

Last edited:

John PM

Reaction score
"The T40 bowl in the tall height is C776CEFGT40, which can use the ST776EA 1.28 tank or the ST776SA 1.60 tank."

Per a higher authority in the household :), I have to ask:
Does the tall T40 bowl come with dual flush tank?

I will be getting a C5 washlet with this.

P.S. - just talked to Toto and it seems that there's no dual flush for this bowl. Its either 1.28 or 1.6

We use the hold the handle down method to simulate dual flush. No hold down for #1. Hold down for #2. Works well.

NKaufman

Reaction score
We use the hold the handle down method to simulate dual flush. No hold down for #1. Hold down for #2. Works well.

that is a bit difficult to do in a household with kids/teens/their friends etc.:p:p

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
that is a bit difficult to do in a household with kids/teens/their friends etc.:p:p

They work well with 1.28 gallons. It's not a worry.

cst776cefg-taylor-01.jpg
cst776cefg-taylor-02.jpg

A toilet that my software programmer son Taylor installed for his home in Siverdale.

Last edited:

Simscitizen

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the minimum rough-in is for the 2021 Drake models? I've read that a 12" CST744 can be installed at 10 7/8" on the rough and a 12" CST454 can be installed at 11 3/8" on the rough (in this thread). But I haven't seen any similar measurements for these newer models.

The model I'm thinking of installing is either the 12" CST775CEFG or the 12" CST785CEFG.

MikeekiM

Reaction score
I bought two (2) of these new 2021 Drake toilets bundled with the s550e T40 Washlet+ bidet seat and auto flush accessory...

Couldn't be happier... Great bundle... Great product...

BEFORE

MikeekiM-16.jpg

AFTER

MikeekiM-17.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks great! I really like the tank design of the Drakes both the 776 and the 786. Is that a surge protector? I might have to include those in the specifications for all our washlets and neorests

MikeekiM

Reaction score
Looks great! I really like the tank design of the Drakes both the 776 and the 786. Is that a surge protector? I might have to include those in the specifications for all our washlets and neorests

It's actually a smart plug... Allows me to monitor energy usage, and I can put it on an on/off schedule if need-be...

It's also great for on-demand remote power toggling... If I know I am going to be out all day, I can shut it down so the seat warmer isn't burning electricity heating the seat all day long... And then from my car, I can remotely turn it on so the seat is nice and warm when we pull up to the driveway... ;)

The energy usage allows me to look at the power usage signature and trending... This one is from my Sense Energy Monitor mobile app... As you can see, I started turning off the unit during the daytime when I was not at home the last two days...

Apologies for the size of the mobile screen captures... :(

MikeekiM-15.jpg

And this one is from the app from the Smart Plug vendor (TP-Link Kasa)...

MikeekiM-18.jpg

Last edited:

Matt in PA

Reaction score
Terry (or any of the forum’s other knowledgeable folks),
I sold my house and our buyers don’t want the C100 (SW2034) I have in our powder room on a Drake II. So I’ll be taking the C100 to the new home and my first order of business is to rip out the builder-grade toilets in the Master Bath and 1st Floor Guest Bath. My question is this: is my C100 compatible with the CST776CSFG? I love the price point and the 1.6 gpf of the new 776 series so I’m hoping they’re compatible. Appreciate your input!

KyivanRus

Reaction score
I apologize, but what is the difference between a 2021 Drake and a Drake 2. Site’s honcho says “pretty much the same”, but how on earth can the two exist in parallel? There has to be a reason manufacturer has these separated. Or is this like the store brand vs identical, made by same company branded product to extract more money from a certain consumer strata?

Could someone please give a definitive answer? Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Function is the same, and the parts in the tank. The 454 Drake II series came first. The tank and bowl look to be a little bigger than the 776 Drake 2021 bowl and tank.
The 454 was an upgrade to the original 744 Drake, and as the 744 was being replaced, the new 776 got some of the features of the 454.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks