Need Toilet to Fit 13 Inch Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

C lady

Reaction score
  1. Location:
    Maryland
    Hi Terry,

Thank you so much for this site. Need a replacement toilet for a 13 inch rough in. Something that performs well, is nice looking (first thing seen dead ahead), easy to clean, closer to wall than current toilet, more space in front than current toilet and universal heigth. I would also prefer non-streaky or sanigloss and a skirted model (because toilet close to tub) but those are not deal breakers. My current (Kohler) round toilet tank has a space of 2 1/2 inches from the (tiled) wall. I'm removing the tile before new toilet installed so there will be more space. The current toilet is 29 1/2 inches from tiled wall. The water pipe is 2 1/2 inches left of the center of toilet and on wall 6 inches from floor. I'm use to a round toilet but I guess an elongated would be ok.

Would any of the Toto's with a 14 inch unifit work? Which one do you recommend? Any others?

Thank you,

Jacqui

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Are you measuring 13" to the floor molding? Or to the wall?
The skirted bowls that TOTO has will have 3/4" of an inch behind the tank on a 12" centered rough.
The shutoff for those needs to be 6" to the left of center, unless you use the Dahl TOTO offset stop to move it. They make those for 1/2" copper pipe.
Those bowls are 28-1/4" long, so on a 13" rough, they are still out there 30" from the wall.

C lady

Reaction score
Are you measuring 13" to the floor molding? Or to the wall?
The skirted bowls that TOTO has will have 3/4" of an inch behind the tank on a 12" centered rough.
The shutoff for those needs to be 6" to the left of center, unless you use the Dahl TOTO offset stop to move it. They make those for 1/2" copper pipe.
Those bowls are 28-1/4" long, so on a 13" rough, they are still out there 30" from the wall.

Thank you for your response.Yes, I'm measuring to the wall and there is no molding. But there is tile. So once the tile is removed that would be about 1 inch behind the toilet?

Im ok with moving the water pipe, and having the toilet 30 inches from the wall. The acquia looks nice. The designer I met at the tile shop said

I should get an American Standard Persuade but I'm leary of those since some have mentioned the stinky problem.

bmdc_06.jpg

Kohler Persuade
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/kohler-persuade-review-pictures-and-comments.18791/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The II designator utilizes a newer bowl wash...there is no rim, per se, instead of numerous small holes around the bottom of the rim, there are two jets that cause the water to swirl around the bowl on the way down which gives a better bowl wash.

C lady

Reaction score
  1. Location:
    Maryland
    Hi Terry,

Thank you so much for this site. Need a replacement toilet for a 13 inch rough in. Something that performs well, is nice looking (first thing seen dead ahead), easy to clean, closer to wall than current toilet, more space in front than current toilet and universal heigth. I would also prefer non-streaky or sanigloss and a skirted model (because toilet close to tub) but those are not deal breakers. My current (Kohler) round toilet tank has a space of 2 1/2 inches from the (tiled) wall. I'm removing the tile before new toilet installed so there will be more space. The current toilet is 29 1/2 inches from tiled wall. The water pipe is 2 1/2 inches left of the center of toilet and on wall 6 inches from floor. I'm use to a round toilet but I guess an elongated would be ok.

Would any of the Toto's with a 14 inch unifit work? Which one do you recommend? Any others?

Thank you,

Jacqui
Thank you for your response.Yes, I'm measuring to the wall and there is no molding. But there is tile. So once the tile is removed that would be about 1 inch behind the toilet?

Im ok with moving the water pipe, and having the toilet 30 inches from the wall. The acquia looks nice. The designer I met at the tile shop said

I should get an American Standard Persuade but I'm leary of those since some have mentioned the stinky problem.

bmdc_06.jpg

Kohler Persuade
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/kohler-persuade-review-pictures-and-comments.18791/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks