Installing A Salvaged Flushometer Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Arcasta

Reaction score
I am hoping to replace my current toilet with this salvaged 1930s Kohler toilet. My current toilet is a rear spud flushometer, but the salvaged Kohler toilet is a top spud. The water supply line is 21 ¼” above the floor. The toilet has a height of 15”. Unfortunately, with a top spud toilet, this allows almost no space for the vacuum breaker/flush pipe, and certainly not the required 6”. I was told by one plumber that the only option would be to open the wall and raise the water supply line. However, I am not willing to do this and damage the original tile. So my question is, is there a work around? Can the supply line be raised outside of the wall? Can the vacuum breaker loop/twist to get the 6” length? My bathroom’s rough-in is 13 ½” and the salvage yard claims the salvaged Kohler has an 8” rough in. In that case, could the vacuum breaker curve down as for a rear spud, and then back up to the top spud of the salvaged toilet? I’m willing to consider any options that don’t involve opening the tile. Thanks!

Attachments

• Current.jpg
    Current.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Salvaged Back.jpg
    Salvaged Back.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Salvaged Bottom.jpg
    Salvaged Bottom.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Salvaged Overall.jpg
    Salvaged Overall.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 79
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks