Users who are viewing this thread

becca130330

Reaction score
hi everybody! thanks for any advice in advance

my current situation is explained in this picture
what i want to do:
1. move the toilet to where the sink is
2 add a shower where the toilet was

sink plumbing is on the left, and on the right is the existing drain pipe from the toilet

1. i know the drain pipe for the sink is currently a 2" and needs to be enlarged to a 3"
2. the toilet only needs the cold water supply line, can i just trim and cap the hot water line?
3. since i plan on putting a shower where the toilet was, and reusing the toilet drain for the shower drain,
1. can i use hot water supply line from the old sink to the toilet drain with PEX pipe in the wall?
2. can i just reuse use the cold water line from the toilet?

I'm pretty DIY and comfortable with jack hammering the slab and refilling with concrete, I've done quite a bit of work on my irrigation lines outside. am i crazy for thinking i can do this by myself with enough research?

mjg4j6199ox51.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I prefer bringing someone in that has a wet saw for cutting concrete. Less dust, if any, and nice clean cuts to pour the concrete back to.

The shower drain will need a vent for the p-trap and the toilet needs a vent somewhere there. The water supply is easy. Both the shower and the toilet are 1/2" supplies.

becca130330

Reaction score
I prefer bringing someone in that has a wet saw for cutting concrete. Less dust, if any, and nice clean cuts to pour the concrete back to.

The shower drain will need a vent for the p-trap and the toilet needs a vent somewhere there. The water supply is easy. Both the shower and the toilet are 1/2" supplies.

there are two existing vents already hooked up to an existing end of line clean out, i was planning on reusing those. does that make sense?

for the existing sink drain that needs to be enlarged, would it make sense to just add a Y from the existing toilet drain?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks